1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first FIAT... A Linea!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by snck, Dec 27, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hope you are trying to lock with the correct clamp. theres a middle belt too. if you try to lock the side belt in the middle belt clamp, it doesn't get locked.
  2. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I am using the correct one. Confirmed that the other one is working for the middle one as well :)
  3. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the 1st service done today. Gave the vehicle about 9.15 and got it back around 2PM.

Except for some unnecessory delays serivce was mostly ok. Total bill came to Rs. 716 (Engine Oil topup :eek: + consumables + wiper wash shampoo).

They have the semi automatic wash system up and running.

Met nkrishnap and had a nice chat with Ravi :)
  4. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    During my last trip (and first in Linea :)) to Calicut, noticed that the speed indicated by the GPS navigation device is lower than (may be about 95%) of what is shown by the speedo. Had this observation consistently in speeds above 70kmph. Any idea which shows the correct value?

I am using an HTC smartphone with sygic for navigation and have not altered the tyre size (2011 Linea E-pack running on 195x60xR15).

Thanks in advance for clarifying :)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Obviously the GPS. OE speedos are calibrated to always show the speed and FE a tad higher than reality. Think about it. The Linea comes with both 195/60 R15 and 205/55 R16 in different variants. Do you really think FIAT will recalibrate everything to accommodate the difference in rolling radius?

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Rajan.

I actually thought it would not be an effort at all for the manufacturer to keep 2-3 different calibrations setups to suit each tyre size :) Is it too much to ask for?Would have been nice to see correct odo/speedo readings in the car.

Is Sygic + Smartphone accurate enough as a dedicated GPS device from this perspective?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If it is real GPS and not A-GPS, it will be pretty accurate. A-GPS not only uses satellites, but also your cell phone tower based location and is more approximate than a real GPS.

Rajan
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Slightly OT here: May be it is because I am weak in mathematics, but I have noticed that my FE is actually a tad better than what I see in MID. I saw it first during one of the Bangalore-Kerala drives, an confirmed it during next Bangalore-Kerala drive.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just to confirm, how do you calculate the actual mileage? The tried and tested method is full tank to full tank, auto cutoff, from the same fuel station, if possible.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

It was tankful to tankful, auto cutoff, but from different pumps (but on both occasions Bangalore pump and Kerala pump were same). Any way, I do not read into it much - it was just a passing observation. I also know MID shows heigher FE than usual.