1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first FIAT... A Linea!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by snck, Dec 27, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Don't use a screw driver. You will scratch the car. Roll the window down, insert an old credit card in between the rubber and the door at a spot where the rubber is in the right position, just before where it has gone inside and then slide across along side the window edge. The rubber should pop right out and sit in its place.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the suggestion Rajan,

I tried this but very difficult to get it out. I have to try this with loads of patience when I have time or I will take to service center. No way I want to scratch the car :)
  3. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Went to KHT service today on my way to work and they fixed the beading easily. Will keep a watch if its sagging/coming out again.</SPAN>
  4. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I guess yours is a 2012 model; and all 2012 model comes with the updated GC. Pre 2012 models had a different GC.
    1 person likes this.
  5. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    ^^
    No. Mine is a 2011 model purchased in 2012.

Anyway, With careful driving I am able to negotiate the speed breakers without bottom scraping. So the GC upgrade is not in serious consideration now.
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The first Puncture

Got my first puncture. Was noticing over the last one week that rear right tyre was losing pressure very fast (about 2-3 psi a day). Got it checked today and the culprit was a screw.

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0390.jpg

I also realized today that fixing a puncture on a tubeless tyre is far more easier (hope it holds up) than tubed one, but costs more :) probably due to higher material cost
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Compared to other beauties in this forum, my Linea Odo has been climbing rather slowly. Nevertheless she clocked 4000kms today.

IMAG0435.jpg

Apart from the door beading issue and right rear tyre puncture, journey has been pretty smooth until a Swift caused this couple of weeks back.

IMAG0429.jpg

Just a paint job will fix this? and would the best place to get it done be FASS?

First service booked with Vecto motors for 11th (this saturday). Hoping to get following niggles fixed:
    1. Fuel Lid that does nto latch properly (work around -> keep the lever pulled while closing the lid and leave it as soon as its latched)
    2. slight rattle from the doors - mostly on LHS.

Car hasn't seen outside Bangalore City yet and hope to go for first outstation trip in a week's time after first service (planning to drive to Kozhikode). Any advice from members on precautions to be taken for a drive with a one month old baby will be most welcome :)
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The majority of the scratch can be removed using the rubbing compount and machine polish. The dark near the bumper and fender will need painting. You can get the bumper painted for that half and it should not cost you more than 2.5K inclusive of taxes.

The fuel lid latch is a misalignment issue. Mention it during service and it sure can be fixed. I had the same issue too which is now fixed.
    1 person likes this.
  9. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks nkrishnap...

Also noticed today that one of the rear seat belts is not locking. Another issue to be checked during 1st service.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got a call from Vecto to confirm my presence tomorrow for service. Hope to have a good experience :)