1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first ever International road trip !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by varoon9999, Mar 19, 2013.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Abhi enjoi the trip 22ji. Galla shalla when u r back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi sir,Kapoor 22ji,Shanky 22ji,Prakhar 22ji,Bose suman & Phew bro for your wishes.

This evening we have reached home,complete TL with pics is coming soon.
    4 people like this.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It was there in my mind from past one year to go for a long road trip,going for a road trips are the best one can make fullest of their holidays.Full 7 days we had to spent away from hustle of the city and ofcousre a break from office work.Thought of doing Delhi-Rann of Kutch then found out its gonna be hot there, dropped this idea.Next option we mulled over was leh-Ladakh,again roads and the climate is not favorable in march to visit leh-ladakh.

Then somehow Nepal clicked in to my mind and then starts our favorite Goggling and freezed final destination to be the Nepal and surroundings.Nepal being a different country fascinated me to start a international road trip and here it is.

All three of us i.e me my wife and our punto were very excited to kick start our very 1st international road trip.Two days before we started,got my Punto checked up at TASS.

-Examiner was plonked in and everything was perfect.
    -Checked all oil levels if top up was required.
    -Under body thorough check was done.
    -Did Wax on my own.
    -Stepney and the pump was kept(which failed to work).
    -Tool kit along with lot of spanners and screwdrivers were kept in boot.
    -Spare coolant bottle was kept.
    -First aid box & spare bulbs kept in.
    -Lot of eating stuff chips,cookies, chocolates etc.
    -Photocopies of DL and RC book.

and we were all set to rock & roll................

Am not very expressive in terms of writing,so please bear with me.I have not jotted down the exact distances,hence am putting them here on approx basis.

Day1-Delhi-Lucknow (600 Kms Noida-Agra-Kanpur-Lucknow)
    Day2:Lucknow-Kathmandu.(650 Kms Lucknow-Barabanki-Gonda-Tulsipur-Badhni-Butwal-Narayangarh-Kathmadu)
    Day3-Day at Kathmandu for sight seeing.(100 Kms local drive only)
    Day4:Kathmandu-Pokhara.(250 kms Kathmandu-Mungling-Pokhara)
    Day5-Day at Pokhara and surroundings.(100 Kms local drive only)
    Day6:pokhara-Lucknow.(600Kms Pokhara-Sanauli-Gorakhpur-Lucknow)
    Day7-Day at Lucknow for sight seeing.(No drive,local conveyance used)
    Day 8.Lucknow-Delhi.(580 Kms Lucknow-Bariely-Rampur-Ghaziabad-Delhi)

Well let me take this firstly to thanks the Nepalese folks and i really appreciate the hospitality we were offered everywhere in Nepal.They are very humble and warm fellows.Though Nepal has an image of being a poor country but after visiting i was wrong and yes,they are poor but not that as we think.Like Indians,Nepalese are too very fond of cars,i will be coming to this topic later on,as of let me stick to the basics here.

Day 1,We started at 8'o clock in morning from our place and took Yamuna express way and reached Agra in no time and we were sailing through the nice highways and 6'o clock in the evening we reached Lucknow and stayed back at hotel only,we stayed at Charan Resorts which was towards the highway which we had to take next morning.

Day 2,Real adventure starts from here.So, we planned to follow the Google maps and found the shortest route to reach the Badhni border.I was trying to find out with hotel fellows about the good route to reach border,even asked petrol bunk fellows but no body had a clue which route is good. we went ahead with Google maps and here starts the pain.We started from hotel at 8'o clock (Should have started early) and reached Barabanki then we had to go through colonelganj-Gonda and we took a village road unfortunately,this road had only potholes and bumps bumps all over.This stretch was for i think 65 kms,imagine what all my punto would have gone through.Every nook and corner of our car was shaking.We wanted to get out of this stretch,before we could do that front left tire got puncture and i was not aware of it because of heavy undulations on the road,Had it been a SUV with me at that point in time i would definatly opt for walking down rather then driving down on such bad road.

Not knowing the tire is puncture i was holding the steering and trying to avoid my car from bottom scrapping and driving it,then steering stopped giving response and i realized that front left tire is fully deflated stopped at one side with lot of stones and dust around,tried inflating with pump and there pump too gave off and i had to plug in to Stepney,after that drove with Stepney till we reach Gonda city.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Check the Formatting Buddy:)
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    22ji,its fine now,i have modified it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    sounds very interesting,, waiting to read your complete exp with pics..
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Add some pictures:)
  8. davidissac

Hi Varoon, nice pics!!

i'm planning to buy GP 1.3 Dy, please advise how is the comfort, since we go for regular long trips min of 400 to 500 kms, mainly it will be night travel to reach home in morning. because mu brother owns i20 1.4 diesel, which is so comfortable to drive, smooth on the highway, quite in the cabin, we tent to cover 400km in 4 to5hrs.

now i am planing to buy a car for me, which should be solid & more comfortable to drive.

9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi David,

If you are impressed with i20 then look no further you will any day love punto.Initial pick up in Punto will not be that peppy as compare to i20,punto is class apart go for it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

More coming soon.

3 people like this.
  10. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Varoon, what were the basic formalities involved, in taking the car across the border?