1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great Job done Sandipan, now make your colleague join the TFI and he will have a great company along with the great car
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THANKS TONY!Actually it's my PUNTO which did the job,I just helped.My colleague had been greatly impressed with my PUNTO and when he checked the LINEA he immediately fell for it.Naturally:D!
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The car has been delivered 3 days back.Here is an interesting incident.The rear left light was broken.A reputed local ws was contacted for the purchase of a new one.Yesterday the person(ws owner) ordered the light(from a spares shop at kolkata) at about 11am and it(the light) reached HALDIA at 8:15pm(by a route bus/KOLKATA-HALDIA).
    FIAT aftermarket spares(some if not all) of LINEA(hopefully of PUNTO too) are now easily available even at KOLKATA.:).
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right said, the spares of Fiats are easily available with the local spare parts shop, (Mumbai)
    In other ways it says that FIAT has been accepted by the INDIANS......
    Slow and Steady always wins the race...
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Completed 7500km---

Yesterday completed 7500 km while returning from office.

P1060525.jpg

As I mentioned my car is running wthout any problem--so far so good.And my driving style has become aggressive---at least on turnings.
    It's really fun,to take a turn.FIAT has started working very aggressively in INDIA and that infused a great degree of confidence in me as a FIAT/PUNTO owner in INDIA.Thanks all.
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am planning my first long tour by my 'FIRST DIESEL CAR' in the 1st week of june.I toured extensively by my two previous WAGONs(PRIMEA&VXI-ABS).My last long tour was to Panchmari-MP(also covered KANHA,BHEDAGHAT,SANCHI--etc.).Me and my friend (who now owns a PUNTO ACTIVE mjd)covered ~3500km in 12 days.Here are the two cars at Sanchi.

P1000515(1).jpg

Now what are the precautions to be taken in case of PUNTO that will cover upto 6000ft altitude(in the great HIMALAYA)& ~1800km in 5 days?
    Is there any precautions to be taken(regarding the car) while driving for hours at a stretch.Usually I maintain my car to the best possible way.
    Pl help.THANKS ALL.
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All the very best for the Tour,
    Take with you lot of water and just check and top ups the levels if required. All all will be fine, yeah do check the spare tyre and tool kit.
    Awaiting to hear from you the Travelogue.
    For sure you and your friend will never repent on the Punto...
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Back from the tour.Here is some hints---will post a detailed TL later.Drove 511 km today.Thanks all.

P1060800.jpg P1060763.jpg P1060754.jpg P1060558.jpg P1060543.jpg P1060559.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    3 people like this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 more.
    P1060747.jpg

P1060635.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. sandipan_r15