1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2k and 2.5 k resp.

Harmony & Chaos
  2. Great Car Friend . MY hearty wishes ... Have a safe and happy driving ..
    The pics looks awesome ....
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    originally posted by Phew:
    "2k and 2.5 k resp"

Getting exactly that.

Thanks Cuty Red.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi, you can use ''reply with quote'' if you wish to quote anyone's post. Also u can use multi quote to quote more than one posts.

Cheers.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    COMPLETED 1000 KM TODAY---

Went to KOLKATA today for some personal work and also visited the workshop of RD MOTORS(RAJARHAT) to sort out some niggles.Interestingly the speedometer reading was exactly 1000km when I reached the workshop!Nigggles were sorted out successfully but the state of overall situation & workculture of RD MOTORS workshop was pathetic.I will definitely try LEXUS MOTORS for my 1st service.Extremely tired today ------ will post in details tomorrow.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Please give us full details of the niggles that you faced and the pathetic situation & work culture at the dealership. This will benefit other members / visitors to the forum.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit the niggles were---
    1)short length of windscreen washer fluid pipe --- was making it difficult to open the bnt.
    2)front right door was demanding quite a force to close it.
    3)front left door was difficult to open from inside.

Regarding the service at RD MOTORS workshop------

1)The SS did not inspect the car/problems personally untill I requested him to do the same.
    2)A boy(seemed to be a minor) was assigned the jobs.
    3)The SS didnot inspect the car even after the job had been over.
    4)The boy soiled the car(both inside & outside) which was not cleaned properly even after the car was handed over to me after washing.
    5)Even on the bays assigned for 'FIAT' there was a 'khichri' of NANO & LINEA side by side.
    6)The outer & inner portion(wherever rqd.) were not covered at the time of servicing.
    7)Barring 3/4 cars all the other cars that were there inside the WS were no cover on them.Every unattended fiat car was coated with a (varying) layer of dust on them.
    8)Pace of work is very slow.
    8)Technitians were more interested in talking with each other than work.

2nd shock------

The lower stack cover (which is not fixed to the body)of the right ORVM has fallen off.Enquired about the same at RD MOTORS WS.I have to purchase the whole assembly .
    P1060249.jpg
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    That part is called ORVM OUTER ORNAMENT and costs mere Rs 20 only [last year price]. There is no need to change the whole assembly. My Linea had a replacement last year. Details are here. Please note the part number, buy it and you can replace it yourself.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi J RAVI.Thanks a lot for your help.Will enquire wheather the the part is available or not with the WS.Thanks again.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday enquired about the part at RD MOTORS SS & it was available.BUT THEY REFUSED TO COUNTER SELL THE PARTS.
    So I had to take the car again to KOLKATA (135+135) to their WS & it took whole 3 hours :eek: to had the Rs20 parts fitted in my car.I will definitely going to post the service experience in the proper section.

Touched 130kmph on the highway(NH6) once.IMPRESSED!

SOMETHING INTERESTING-------

While I was at the SS of RD motors yesterday I noticed something interesting.16 No of rear axles (part No.59117192-Rs.5940/--as printed on the tag) of FIAT cars were delivered to the SS by the courier agency.The person at the spares told that these were for PUNTO.
    Now its very unlikely that the SS would procure 16 rear axles for regular replcement purpose.I think it is a case of replacement(of faulty parts) under warranty.
    SOMEONE PLEASE THROW SOME LIGHT!