1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Originally posted by Varun:
    "the stickers near the side indicators just look misaligned. think of some alternatives.. just use the punto badge above the blinkers and remove fiat one.. it should look gud !! like this :"

Hi Varun, I will definitely consider your suggession.THANKS.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    You alloys are killing!! IMO - the stickers in the rear are not adding value to the beauty. Your side stickers are good.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FEW MORE OBSERVATIONS-------

I think FIAPL has changed the BN WHITE colour slightly---now it is more whitish than before.My friends car (which is also BN WHITE & JAN-2010 MAKE & MINE IS AUG--2011)) were parked side by side.And both of were surprised to see the diff.The colour of my friends car should have been more whitish(if the two colours were same) because of weathering efffect but on the contrary my car looked more whitish than his.My friend also noticed the same.

If I am not wrong then the engine is more free revving than before:p.Smoothness is way better than before.My friend reaffirmed these two things again yesterday.I noticed a hint of melancholy in his voice when he was telling that yesterday.
    Enjoying every moment of drivivg my PUNTO.

FEW MORE PICTURES--------

I myself was not really satisfied with the quality of pics posted earlier so tried something better(at least according to me).
    THE LOCATION---Ours is a town sitting at the confluence of two rivers The GANGES & The HALDI.Pics were shot at there---Just 1 km from my qtr.

COMMENTS(CRITICISM) ABOUT THE PICTURES ARE MOST WELCOME.THANKS.
    . P1060227.jpg , P1060224.jpg , P1060230.jpg , P1060238.jpg , P1060234.jpg
    PradeepM, sunswape and rishike007 like this.
  4. congrats on making the perfect choice, ur car looks good in white alloys... u should have gone for 15inch alloys ..... dont feel bad personally i dint like the stickers in the back....
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    originally posted by varun:
    "the stickers near the side indicators just look misaligned. think of some alternatives"

Varun, I have already removed the FIAT sticker from the fender.

originally posted by srini:
    "You alloys are killing!! IMO - the stickers in the rear are not adding value to the beauty."

Thanks for your compliments about the alloys.Will consider the suggession about the rear stickers.THANKS.

6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Nice looking car and nice set of mods. Love the alloys :)

A white car does not gets whiter by weathering - it gathers a fine layer of gray on top and as time goes by, if proper car is not taken, will look dull. I think that is what is happening to your friends car - time to do a proper paint protection to your friends BNW.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Anoop is correct. In colors like BNW it is not easy to notice the greaying easily. You need to take care of it regularly. A proper paint protection will do.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Awesone pics!!
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The White Angel looks awesome with the Alloy which is a perfect match to the Grande,
    I think there is more of Stickering done (please don't take it on heart)......
    Congrats onceagain
  9. Very good choice of alloys for your ride.

Like other members have mentioned, remove stickers which are in excess and keep only the wanted ones.

By the way your bike also looks cool.... :)
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    originally posted by romsi_rk:
    "Like other members have mentioned, remove stickers which are in excess and keep only the wanted ones."

originally posted by Tony:
    "I think there is more of Stickering done (please don't take it on heart)......"

I have already removed some stickers (pics were taken before removing the stickers)and it has already been mentioned in one of my earlier posts.
    Tony,no question of 'taking it on heart'---constructive criticism helps.
    Thanks all for liking the alloys.I bought it from the distributor of HRS alloys at KOLKATA(Distributor for whole eastern region as well).

Yesterday ,I received a call again from the ASS of RD MOTORS.They asked about the door lock problem & any other problem that had surfaced.
    Good response so far.

On the the highway in lightfooted steady driving its returning 23-26 kmpl (@ 80kmph, IC indicative,non ac).

What should be the rpm @ 80 kmph & 100 kmph(in 5th gear)?