1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Anoop M Scaria

Anoop M Scaria Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi sandipan_r15,

I have read your thread top to bottom sitting at one place today. Amazed with the passion you have for your loved Punto. Great pics and to the point. enjoyed it! Keep posting.
    Deepak and sandipan_r15 like this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Anoop. Actually this is a car which connects to any soul which loves to drive.Yes, I try to take good care of my car and so is the case for many other members of this forum.Thanks again.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 more FIAT-ian is added to my circle.One of my senior colleagues(@55 Yrs) today took delivery of a used 2012LINEA Emotion/ MJD(2013 JAN Registered)/OBLUE.Deal was finalised @ 5.2 lacs.This is his first car.The seller is the same lawyer who sold his PUNTO Active to another colleague of mine.Now he will go for the LINEA Tjet.

I did my job as a 'FIAT expert'(?) & went to kolkata today to take delivery of the car.

Meanwhile my car has gone past the 57000km mark.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    PradeepM, pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will do my 60,000 km service on the first week of May.Though it will be 58000 + but I would like to do the timing chain replacement a bit sooner than later.Currently facing any problem?---NO.Shockers are performing as good as new.I am quite interested to upgrade the shocker to the higher GC(am a avid tourer and higher GC would be quite helpful) but cannot discard the shockers which have good amount of life left in it.Should I replace drive belts in the service?Experts please suggest this & any more preventive maint which I should do in the 60k service.THANKS.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sandipan_r15

Hi. The GC upgrade kit is very useful BUT the lower-speed ride does get a fair bit stiffer, esp in the rear seat. As a joke, can I say: I'd suggest getting the Avventura instead, were you not thinking along such lines?;)

cheers
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ya, I did;but had to cancel due to financial constraint. I will love to have AVVY MJD/PUNTO T-JET as my second car(I have some huge financial liabilities in next three yrs :().I want to keep this car for another 40000 km at least(it 's too good in a condition to be sold now).
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 : It always feel good reading long term ownership reviews. I must admit it gave me tremendous joy and a wide smile on my face while reading your review. you have penned down your emotions very EMOTIONally. Please continue your ownership review without stopping. I will be the regular visitor here :) BTW your run with Punto has slowed down after 50k. you should have crossed 65k by now :) anyways more happy miles with your punto.
    Just a question : after changing to evo's LED tail lamp, did you get any MID error? I have heard its not compatible with the GP.??
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Deepak you are right,my running has slowed down a bit coz in recent times frequency of going to KOLKATA has come down(no need to).In addition, I have started using my scooter for going to the office(15 km to and fro).

Regarding MID error it was there already coz I had been using OSRAM LED parking bulbs.Compatibility is a bit confusing term here;if you use a LED bulb the MID will show a blown out bulb symbol in GP.THANKS.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    399.JPG 400.JPG 401.JPG 404.JPG 402.JPG 405.JPG

some pics(taken today) of my 58000 km old beauty----
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The graphics on the sides is kind of spoiling the beauty of your well done up car man.. no offense, just my opinion..
    sandipan_r15 likes this.