1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Posting in this thread after @ 3 months.The ODO has touched 51500 km & the car is going strong.No squeaks,no rattles.I am specially surprised with the shockers of my car.It's 3 yrs and 51000+km but the shocks show no sign of ageing.Amazing!
    These shocks have helped me conquer the mountains in SIKKIM,Roads--NH+SHs & of course plenty of no roads.
    My car now adores the TFI sticker---"BUILT LIKE A TANK"---literally.

I bear the pain of taking the car to KOLKATA(130+130 km)for servicing but I forget everything once I am behind the steering.Many a times I had thought of selling the car because of the service issue(distance & time,nothing else) but the joy of driving my car gives me is literally PRICELESS and worth every bit of pain I bear to have the service done.
    Yes,I am getting emotional but this emotion is justified after 3 yrs & 51500 km.Is not it?

Looking back to cherish some priceless moments with my beloved GP.

P1070161(2).JPG P1070218.JPG P1070224.JPG DSCF0141.JPG
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    pdash, prabhjot, Ravi and 1 other person like this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today went to KOLKATA.Changed battery.The new battery is 566112060 --- AMARON FLO. It costed 4550 after exchange with the old battery.Also purchased two tyres--195/70 R14 YOKO Adrive.Costed 5000 each.
    Both the purchases were done from INDO RADIAL CLUB(BHAWANIPUR).
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sandipan_r15 Lovely pics!

Do pls give your sense of Austin Fiat, the new Calcutta dealer, when you get to sample their services? They are a venerable old dealership, with a good reputation in Cal, am told, I hope that means Calcutta/WB Fiats and Fiat India themselves are in good hands?

cheers
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prabhjot, I have already promised so in the 'service centre review' thread. Booked a service on 08/12/2014 and will definitely post the experience.
    Regarding AUSTIN, I think the decades old reputation & experience of AUSTIN will go a long way to give FIAT a boost both in terms of sales & brand reputation in KOLKATA.
    And their attitude so far as FASS is concerned, is quite encouraging as experienced by me during my conversation over the phone.

Though it's too early to comment but I am really hopeful that AUSTIN won't disappoint both the existing/future owners & FIAT INDIA.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 27, 2014 ---
    AUSTIN in KOLKATA has been in automobile business since 1938.Yes you read it right 1938.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just back from a 1750 km tour.Got avg mileage of 17.3 kmpl.Some pics of the tour; detail will be in my TL in the TL section. phulbani tour 032.JPG phulbani tour 036.JPG phulbani tour 043.JPG phulbani tour 165.JPG phulbani tour 129.JPG
    Dr. Fixated, prabhjot and pdash like this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded mine to EVO tail lights.I did not order--just casually enquired about EVO tail lights to AUSTIN.To my surprise they said it's available with them.Went to KOLKATA & purchased @6404(2990*2+etc.).Fitment was done at the local ws at which I go for minor repairs.The light is beautiful even when it's off.Really gorgeous.
    prabhjot and PaddleShifter like this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday in the evening got a message in the MID--'ABS unavailable'.Became seriously worried and upset.Contacted ANISH of GARODIA FIAT.He requested me to take my car to the ws as the problem is to be diagonised with the scanner.So went to GARODIA today.And after barely 5 mins after the car got an entry into the ws I was called bythe ss.It was a torn/cut wore of the rear left ABS sensor.They told me it was a handy work of some rat.But actually it the work of 3 little dogs who often take rest under my parked car.Anyway the problem was rectified within minutes and I left the showroom within a hour.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car with EVO tail lights--
    evolight 363.JPG evolight 366.JPG
    pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Must say, these are looking smashing and good to know about the correct and quick diagnosis from Garodia!
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gone past 56000 km.Enjoying every bit of my white lady;).No major problem till date(after the initial hiccups).Also the FASS at KOLKATA(specially garodia) are now serving really well.So enjoying my GP with peace of mind.