1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GHODLUR,I changed the oil in between two services and will allow the FASS to change the oil during the next service .So no question of warranty being void.Will definitely post the pic as early as possible.THANKS.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Preparing for my 3rd PUN-TOUR,covering VIZAG,ARAKU,JAGDALPUR,SAMBALPUR.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Returned from the tour----8 days,2530km.Completed 41000 km.Covered VIZAG,ARAKU,JAGDALPUR,SAMBALPUR.Seems it's time to change the clutch plate.My car is giving very poor mileage(13-14),pick up,top speed.

DSCF0897.jpg

View of CHILIKA lake from RAMBHA bye-pass(NH-5).

DSCF0918.jpg

R K BEACH, VIZAG.

DSCF0965.jpg

VIEW from RISHIKONDA APTDC RESORT(RESTAURANT).
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In this tour covered 870.5 km(HALDIA-VIZAG) in a single day,on first day.Time taken 15 hours(including brakes).No aches after such a long drive.I am 5'11" tall.This is my longest ever drive in a single day.Previous longest was 768km.Some more pics of the tour-----

DSCF1056.jpg
    way to araku
    DSCF1071.jpg
    aptdc resort araku
    DSCF1087.jpg
    way to jagdalpur(chhtishgarh) via jaipur(odisha) from araku(ap)
    DSCF1098.jpg
    padwa lake-odisha on the way to jaipur fro araku
    DSCF1109.jpg
    loong way to go--to jaipur(odisha) from araku
    DSCF1057.jpg
    way to araku from vizag
    DSCF1089.jpg
    what a road to drive!
    DSCF1105.jpg
    side by side
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From ARAKU to jaipur--I just love this road.

araku.jpg

For most part of this road 'lonely planet' is the fittest expression to describe the surrounding through which the road passes.I first traveled on this road in 2005 by my WAGON'R .Not much has been changed since then.Of course road condition has been improved.And most part of this road passes through heavily naxalite affected zone.In fact some kms before jaipur we found a troop of(about 20) armed para military personnel combing the road.
    Another photo from this stretch of road.
    DSCF1110.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Completed 43500 kms.And did the 4th service at @ 43200 km.Have been experiencing loss of power,gruff engine noise,poor mileage for some time now.Also 'check glow plug' message was showing that one or more glow plugs are gone.So cluthch plate,two faulty glow plugs,a cracked turbo hose were replaced apart from regular consumables replacement under 4th service.

Yes the car has got back it's old form.I am enjoying my punto again.Yesterday went to KOLKATA and decided to test the max mileage.
    Total distance travelled= 267 km(including kolkata city driving).
    Avg mileage 27.3 kmpl(MID indicative---fuel gauge indication also supported the result)

N.B I mostly drove between 60-70 kmph on the highway.Even if percentage of error is deducted still it's(mileage) great.

This time the diesel filter used was one without sensor.Is FIAT now supplying filters without sensors?Why?It's a bit cheaper(@200) though.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now completed 45000 km.
    After the last service(after the VIZAG trip),the car is running like a dream.Enjoying every moment with my PUNTO.

Now waiting for the next milestone i.e. 50000 km---a new high.

P1070804.jpg
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad news guys.3 weeks back I was returning home after some running repairs at GARODIA WORKSHOP,KOLKATA. A autorickshaw rammed my car from behind(left side) while my car was idling(at redlight) on bridge No.4 towards parkcircus side.Rear left qtr panel and the hatch door got damaged very badly.The auto too was damaged but thank god no one was injured(driver was the only one in the auto).Immediately returned to the WS.Insurance(BHARATI AXXA) was claimed.
    And the car was delivered in 10 days.Hatch door was replaced and the qtr panel was repaired.Bumper was also painted.Overall a very good job done by GARODIA.

Finish & gloss of the water based colour(as told by the ws guys) is really awesome.I am really happy that my car is back in shape again:p.
    Meanwhile my car has touched 49200 km.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that alls well!
    You can update your positive review in Service center thread, if not yet :)
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Offtopic first---My heartiest Congratulation to all the TFI staff members for their superb effort and this new and fresh look
    TEAM FIAT INDIA.
    Proud to be a member of this forum.CONGRATS AGAIN.

Meanwhile big news is ---My PUNTO has completed 50,000 Km.Thanks all.