1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Infact RD has closed down their RAJARHAT workshop.They are accepting FIAT cars at KAMARHATI workshop only for body works.
  2. Rajarhat was the worst SC..horrible experience..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Activating my first ownership thread after a long time.
    In the mean time my GP has completed 33000 km. Combination switches have been replaced under warranty. Brake pad+disc have been changed @ 30,000km service.
    Went on a tour to SIKKIM & travelled on some worst possible road without much problem(some belly scrapping & one blown fuse--7.5amps).
    ENJOYING MY PUNTO.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My PUNTO is nearing it's 3rd yr. Completed 34400km till date----without much of a problem.

Just going through a post in T-BHP yesterday , where someone called the plastic quality of FIAT inferior to M800.This is too much. In this 2 yrs of ownership my car has been always on the open 365 days a yr(I donot have a covered garage in our t/ship--& I donot use body cover coz I use my car almost daily). It tolerated two furious mansoon seasons and scorching heat in the summer season of south bengal.The only care that was taken has been polishing with FORMULA 1 dashboard protectant.

There is no fading,weakening,rattling of the interior plastics parts. I agree that the plastic does not look & feel rich & could definitely have been better.
    But inferior to M800's---NO WAY.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    STEREO UPGRADE

Yesterday replaced my stock HU with PIONEER 4590BT and the speakers with KICKER premium series component. The budget was modest and so is the upgrade.
    But I am satisfied with the quality of sound when related to the budget. At last I can enjoy some beats of bass.
    I purchased the facia adaptor from 99rpm(235+150=385) & it was delivered in flat 3 days. Excellent service from 99rpm.
    Purchased the HU from SNAPDEAL(7027/-) but it was a faulty piece so I purchased it from the shop(XLUSIVE) where the job was done cost
    7190/-.
    4 reverse parking sensors were also fitted which works with my existing reverse parking camera----- + voice & distance alert.
    Meanwhile completed 35600 km.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today went to GARODIA, KOLKATA for some checkup ups and 2 minor issues.My problem was solved but,what I saw today at GARODIA w/s is very disturbing indeed.
    1)Previous SM has already left his job(joined barely few months ago and was very customer friendly).

2)Only 4 people were at front office--one lady receptionist,one lady who just enters the details of car & owner in the job list,one ss he was also preparing & closing the job card,one cashier,one supervisor of the bodyshop.New SM was there but he is least interested to interact with the owners.

3) LINEAS & PUNTOS of all models and yrs were parked hither & thither with a thick coat of dust on them ----many of those were with their window/windows open.Couldnot believe my eyes-----how can a fass could be so negligent about our beloved cars?

4)The ss was always busy quoting the estimated value of the estimated cost for the replacement of a concerned parts whenever a customer was telling any problem about the same.He was utterly impatient and finishing the preparation of the job card was seem to be his only goal.He was least interested to hear and make a query about the problems.

5)The ss don't know which way to pull/push the wiper stalk to splash water for rear wiper :eek:.

6)I booked my service first on 11/11 and then changed it to 18/11 ----in their entry book my No. was not there on both the days.But the receptionist lady was kind enough to give me a booking otherwise 140+140=280km could have been gone in vain.

7)A couple came to report about a noise from the front shocker of their GP.The ss denied to check or test drove the car(w/o jobcard) to identify the problem and told --'the shocker pad has gone bad,cost is--'.

8)THE FINAL AND ULTIMATE SHOCK-----A gentleman(accompanied by his mother) came with his brand new(got delivered on 06/11) T-JET EMOTION and reported two problems---a noise from shocker & problem with the painting on the bumper.No one in the ws was giving priority to him.He demanded the the car to be delivered the next day after the painting correction but the bs supervisor just denied it and could not give him a before the next friday.Utterly confused he was reqesting one person after another(for quick rectification of the problems)--but without any result.After one hr or so he was already repenting his decision to purchase a FIAT('sabai na balechilo, sudhu gadi ta bhalo bolei kinechhilam'---'everyone said no,but I purchased this car because it's good'.The man & his mother were still sitting there at the ws when I left around 1:30pm.

9)The ss was forcing every customer to pay an advance(about half of estimated cost) whose car were not supposed to be delivered today or whose parts were not available at the ws---in case the estimated bill was a little bit on the higher side @>10,000.

10)The body shop supervisor is so arrogant in his attitude.

11)The behaviour of the ss towards the drivers(not owners )was very bullish---very disturbing indeed.

The future of the FIAT car owners in & around kolkata are certainly appears very grim in the hands of GARODIA FIAT ,KOLKATA.

- - - Merged Post - - -

For prospective owners ----the problems are clearly associated with the dealer's ws at kolkata and one must not generalise this for all the ws at all cities.Contrary,I have read here at TFI , very good feedbacks regarding many dealers/ws in other cities.Even my previous experience with GARODIA WS was quite good.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today replaced engine oil with MOBIL DELVAC 1 5W-40,WIRE MESH AC FILTER WITH POLLEN FILTER.Also changed air filter & oil filter(obvious).All parts(except oil filter) sourced from 99 RPM.ODO READING--37200.Everything was done at local ws.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Does this not null the warranty (if applicable)? How much oil was used?

Can you post some pics of the mods done. Particularly interested in HU replacement.
  9. How SC will find out we used diffrent oil?
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    SC will not bother to find whether the oil in the car is different from what they use as long as the engine oil was replaced during the regular scheduled service and they had billed for it.

Many a fiat customers get the engine oil replaced at SC and then change over to Mobil Delvac at FNG with the FNG buying back the engine oil.