1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    10000 km completed---

COMPLETED 10000 km two days back(in about 8 months) .
    No major problem so far.This car has already proved its robustness in my first HIMALYA trip that I have just completed.The engine is becoming smoother & more silent day by day.One advice to the prospective buyers-----don't reject this car from your list untill you have test driven this car throughly.Make sure you drive on some real bad roads.
    This car gives you far more than your expectation.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your 10K km completion.
    I wish your next service will be at 15K AND 1 Year instead of 15K km OR 1 year whichever is earlier(10 + 5=15, 8+4=12 :) )
  3. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore

Yes its true. Even for me, punto is not in my mind till i have taken the test drive. My first choice is RITZ after i sold my astar. But after testdrive its pulling me and now iam very happy with her.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This may be offtopic but I am posting it here because it wiil give some indirect feelgood factor to everyones ownership.
    The plastic CSC of my colleagues LINEA 1.4 EMOTION(Bought 2nd hand--2009 make)failed two days back.He was mentally prepared for this as I had already told him about this.

He called the RSA immediately and they responded immediately too.But he told them(RSA) to come today and they did come at the time they promised.
    It was not towing at the front or back, they just lift the car and put the car on the back of the truck.
    Reached RD MOTORS WS---the job was done(+some more of brakes etc,etc)---and the car has been delivered today itself.
    My friend was thoroughly impressed with kind of RSA/service he received.From the total km(to & fro) the RSA had to cover, 200km were free of charge(our town is 135km away from the nearest ASS) and the rest was charged @22/km.
    My colleague was very impressed(this is his first car)with the proffessional approach of the whole thing.
    Hope,this story will give some peace of mind to whoever needs the service of a RSA or whoever thinks, what will happen if-----.THANKS ALL.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After a long break----

Was out of track for a loooongtime due to the illness,hospitalisation and surgery of my father.Now he is recovering well & I got the chance to come back to the forum.

My car has completed 12500 km during this period.My car gave me superb service without a single problem during this difficult time of mine.I drove ~2500km during the last 1.5 months period.I love my PUNTO.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THANKS TONY,THANKS SUNGOA.
    Today went to(RD MOTORS ASS)to fix some minor problems and I found a big improvement(in comparison to my previous experience at the same ASS) in the(service) quality and approach.For the first time,steering wheel,gear nob & driver seat were covered with custom made polythin covers(use & throw).Carpets were covered with custom made paper covers.

On the onward journey I got 21.3kmpl(80-110kmph/without AC)on the onward journey & 19.5kmpl(80-130kmph/withAC)on the return journey.
    THANKS ALL.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great dude, You are happy and that makes us proud of our FIAT.
  8. RD motors treating Fiat cars so well is really a news for me.Btw,which Rd motors service centre you went to??
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today went home (usually I go once in a week)and on the way(& at home) took some snaps.It was raining heavily almost all the time I travelled today.

P1060873.jpg

P1060875.jpg

P1060878.jpg

P1060899.jpg

P1060901.jpg

P1060911.jpg

P1060916.jpg

P1060917.jpg

P1060919.jpg

P1060920.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    3 people like this.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Beautiful pics of lovely green nature and beautiful car !!!