1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first diesel car

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3

HI,THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AT TEAM FIAT.THIS IS MY FIRST POST IN ANY SUCH THREAD.

A BRIEF INTRO--

After driving MARUTIS & HYUNDAIS for 12 long years it was a time for change.
    DROVE FABIA(PETROL),FIGO(DIESEL),NEW SWIFT(DIESEL),CHECKED NEW JAZZ.
    FINALLY SURRENDERED TO MY EMOTION.(I could establish the decision logically to myself though.)
    Dreamt of owning of a PUNTO 1.3 diesel & bought it 'EMOTION'-ally.

BUYING,DELIVERY & MOD---

FINANCE---HDFC BANK(3.5L)
    DISCOUNT---1)INSURANCE(FREE)
    2)CASH DISCOUNT--10000/-
    3)CORPORATE DISCOUNT--5000/-
    4)BAR---GAIN----13000/-(CASH DISCOUNT)
    5)ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE (FREE)

Pts 1,2,3,5 were under consumer offer.

OE tyres were changed to 195/80 r14 YOKO ADRIVE(4500/- EACH).Exchange value 2500/- each.ALLOY--HRS H470--5 PCS(21500/-).
    XENOS reverse parking sensor with 3.5" monitor,FIAT genuine mat and mud flap was also fitted+AUTOFORM SEAT COVER.
    Date of delivery:17/10/2011

FIRST DRIVING IMPRESSIONS-----JUST AMA ZING

My home is about 140 km from dealership(mostly 4 lane highway).Drove myself 135 km and reached home at around 10PM.
    One of my friends own a JAN-2010 model ACTIVE 1.3 MJD which I drove for few hundred kms.
    Here is what I felt in comparison to my friends car.Mine is HMZ i.e. AUG 2011 make.

1)NVH---MUCH MUCH BETTER
    2)PICK UP---CONSIDERABLY BETTER
    3)SMOOTHNESS---MUCH MUCH BETTER
    ALL these 3 observations were confirmed by that friend of mine after he drove my car.
    4)STRONG POINTS (HANDLING,STABILITY,RIDE QUALITY,ROBUST BODY)OF PUNTO REMAINED STRONG OR MAY BE STRONGER.

Other observations-----
    5)BRAKING is good.
    6)PLASTICS & RUBBER BEADING is BETTER than before BUT STILL NOT THERE.
    7)HL+FL COMBO IS MORE THAN SUFFICIENT FOR NIGHT DRIVING ON HIGHWAY.

Drove 715 km till now.

BEING ADDICTED TO DRIVE THIS CAR .

MILEAGE

Got steady 22-24kmpl on the highway way back home at a steady speed of aroud 80kmph(3 adults & nonAC).
    Got 18+ kmpl for first filling of 23.11 litres.

THIS MUCH FOR NOW BECAUSE OF SOME EMERGENCY, WILL ADD/UPDATE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

PRESENT CAR:pUNTO EMOTION 1.3 MJD BN WHITE
    PRESENT BIKE:YAMAHA R15(WHITE&RED LIMITED EDITION)
    gklc811 likes this.
  2. Gill

Gill

congrats on making the perfect choice. Are u sure the tyre size is 195/80/14 or 195/70/14, the tyre size u mentioned is completely off, it has an error of 7.75% which is quite significant
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HI GILL,Yes, you are right it's 195/70 R14.That was a typo error.THANKS.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard mate. Your first ever diesel car just happens to be the best in that segment.

Cheers.

The tire size of 195/70 14 is impressive and would provide a very cushioned ride i'm sure.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THANKS GURJINDER.I opted 195/70 14 primarily because of 1 reason.
    I wanted better protection for those beautiful(to my eyes)alloys on bad roads of West Bengal.

PRESENT CAR:pUNTO EMOTION 1.3 MJD EMOTION(BN WHITE)
    PRESENT BIKE:YAMAHA R15(WHITE & RED LIMITED EDITION)

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

FIRST SHOCK------

This is the remaining part of my opening post.

I reached home after taking delivery of the car at around 10 PM.While locking the car for the night it was found that the right rear door was not locking :eek:.
    Tried several times but without result.Called the SE immediately & sent mail to the dealer & FIAPL.Spent sleeplessnight leaving the car unlocked in front of my qtr.

PROBLEM SOLVED-----

Next day rose early in the morning,got myself ready,tied the right rear door tightly with a rope with the left rear door & reached the dealership.
    They immediately sent the car to the stockyard where PDI was done.The faulty locking system was replaced with a completely fresh one and the problem was gone :).The whole job was done in front of me:upand to my satisfaction.
    Actually this problem was not there when I did the PDI of the car at the stockyard a few days before delivery.But on the dt of delivery it was there.But the accessories mechanic somehow rectified the problem & only then I took delivery of the car.

RESPONSE FROM FIAT----

While all these thigs were going on, my SE told that a mail had reached the dealer from their GM to immediately rectify the problem .
    Returned home in in the afternoon,checked the mail box and found a mail from Mr.ASHIS BHATTACHARYA of FIAPL.

FOLLOW UP FROM TATAMOTORS-----

Got 4 calls from them asking for feed backs(SALES&DELIVERY),giving thanks for buying PUNTO & TAKING FEED BACK ABOUT THE DOOR LOCK PROBLEM.

DEALER REFUSED TO GIVE THE OWNERS MANUAL(om)------

Sighting some ridiculous reason of one customer being defaulter of not doing the permanent registration in time(SE told that the dealer was fined by the financer of that purticular car) the delivery dept. refused to hand over the om.The SE tried to convince but without any result.But I refused to take delivery of the car wthout the om.
    Waited for sometime & then called FIAPL customer care & regional sales office of TATAMOTORS at KOLKATA.The lady from customer care of FIAPL told me to handover the cell to SE don't know abut the conversation but got the om within 15 minutes.THANKS TO FIAPL.
    THE DEALER:R D MOTORS(VIP ROAD)
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Glad fiats making amends in the right direction. Congrats on the purchase.
    Its a very unusual(size) yet effect upgrade.

Post some pics of ur ride bro.

Harmony & chaos
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Want help to upload pictures

SOMEONE please tell me how to upload pics.I tried through attachment but failed.PLEASE HELP.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai

Since you changed your alloys & tyres could you not have upgraded to 15 inches? Any particular reason for not opting?
  9. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations, Happy motoring, enjoy the beauty.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hi Sandipan,congratualations,nice write up,happy motoring.
    Thank God that the niggle in your car was only minor and it's gone,because,if there are no niggles,it's not a Fiat car!!