1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Car -- Punto!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by RYadav, Aug 10, 2012.

1. RYadav

RYadav

Car : Punto 2011, 1.3 Active, Tusscon Wine.

This happen to be my first car, i don have much driving experience and wont be the right person to make any comparisons...but after driving some 18k KMs i thought of submiting my reviews. I was first attracted towrds Punto by its bold looks and diesel engine...after overcoming lot of apprehensions around servicing, resale value and its low popularity i finally decided to go for it against all odds.

Look and Style : perfect style car. although at times i feel it dont have right looks from back.

Comfort : i don find it very comfortable for long drives beacuse of the sitting posture on front seats. it gives u posture of racing car...u get good control on driving and all but u cant take it for long. Also its cabin noise is very high..unless u have music running on high volume its is very irritating inside.

Pickup : Excellent pickup on 2nd and 3rd gear, gives good control in navigating traffic and overtakes.

Mileage : This being my first car...i assume i have not been driving to full efficiency. I have driven it mostly on highway, It gives decent mileage of 20 KM/ltr if u maintain steady speed of 80-90. After 90 it is very noisy, it feels im dragging it....although speed and control is good but mileage drops to 15-16 km/ltr. In city traffic it is like any other car with 12-13 km/ltr.

Interior : Space is good but plastic quality and fittings sometimes disappoint me...i see lot of fittings coming out, also i hear noise from some parts i guess it is AC vents and Doors.

Best Features : To me best thing abt this car is Control, breaking system...u get excellent control on curves at even speed of 100km/hr. Breaking is also very good. Dashboard and space inside is also impressing, i guess it is best in its segment.

After sale servicing : I have been requesting my dealer for fog lamp cover which i lost in a crash...its been 5 months but did't get any callback.
    Second servicing cost me around 18k which is way tooo high, as per service advisor everything advised were mandatory otherwise it can void the warrenty. (ABS Motors GGN).
    RSA : I once got stuck on Delhi-Agra highway near Mathura at 1:30AM, called up RSA but they could not arrange help.
    Most of the contact numbers and dealer names given in there booklet are not operational, So if u going to new place first try the dealer numbers to see if they really exists.

Needs to improve : My car is very noisy...at times i feel as i am driving a tractor.pickup on 2 nd 3 gear is very noisy. In comparisson to Swift and other diesel cars punto is be very noisy nd i hate it...it gives u feeling of tiredness very soon as if u have been driving for hours. Lot of improvement scope in after sale service.

Overall Experience : overall it is good in terms of style, space, control nd i feel it is best hatchback diesel with best value for money. If they an bring down the cabin noise and improve after sale service it is unbeatable.

Thanks.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard.

A Punto as a first car is indeed great.

For your next servicing i suggest you go to HIM Motors, Patparganj. Mr. O.P. Sharma is the person who handles the servicing aspects and i can assure you he will sort out the car to your satisfaction.

Cheers.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Strange u have cabin noise issue...

Are oil,oil filters being changed as suggested...

Yes ,there would be noise...but not something to complain about ..

Atleast in 2012 model..its almost same as i20 or 2012 Swift...(swift is best here)...they did a lot of changes w.r.t noise reduction...

Even when I drive around 150..I don't have an irritating noise...but its the normal engine noise...

May be our tolerance levels are different :)
  4. The way Fiatian Ryadav explained the cabin noise, I could picture only Fabia, nonetheless to say its a good car. I guess the revving band while driving must be in the controllable sector for each gear shifts. Even my Ritz VDI while revving hard, wakes up the DDIS to roar, but I sense it before in hand and don't revv it hard, it is manageable.

Happy Miles !!! :)
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think ABS charged u more...there are know to charge more....just double check everything before paying and whether the part etc replaced are required or not.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Hi RYadav, Congrats for your Punto, drive safely.
    Cabin Noise is a starnge in 90kmph. You will identify noise in cabin if you are running very high RPM in Lower gear, please check Engine oil too.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,
    Congrats for your punto..
    Cabin noise ?? Punto is the quietiest of the lot.. you can experience some noise when driving at 80 KPH + with window glasses down else its quiet. Also as puntosat said the glass is thicker in punto than the new swift or i20.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

RYadav, Congrats and welcome to TFI
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome mate! Yeah I do believe Punto's cabin is quite silent when compared to other cars. If u aren happy, just sit inside Figo, Fiesta or Skoda, then you will be like :wow to Punto
  10. kvmoorthy

kvmoorthy

Bangalore
    RYadav, congrats for your first car, Punto is releavity quiet when comparerd to the others. Are the moise level high even when the car is idle??