1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Car - Punto 1.2 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rahulvfx, Feb 16, 2012.

1. There is a serious issue with Fiat 1.2 engine which I came across few months back.

After Fiat has done the free upgrade of car AC, the exhaust of car has started creating a DUB-DUB sort of noise even when the car is in standing position. So how do you verify it -
    Start the car and drive for few mins with AC on. Stop the car and go back at exhaust. Just sit down and listen to exhaust while engine is on with AC running. I asked about this behavior to Fiat services but they were unable to provide any proper answer. I was communicated by service engineers that this problem has been rectified in 2012 edition of Punto. I have escalated the matter to higher authorities and waiting for a reply.

Please note that this problem is not specific to one car. We checked nearly 4 cars with AC upgraded and found the same issue.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

yaa... you are right .. many friends of mine also surprised experiencing this issue, as they were not used to use clutch everytime before breaking... anyways as I'm a new driver I accommodating with the issue .. I'm getting habit of using clutch everytime I use break ...

And yaa Mihir .. sorry dude .. got very much busy in office deadlines....

gimmi some time I will soon upload few pics more ...

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

And also "Sunflim" chapter is closed for now .. as per Govt rules n regulss ......
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

I bought a really good FM transmitter once and used it for a while but strangely it always created lots of noise , I got irritated and gave it to my fried who drives a Honda City.
    He is using it and I was surprised that there has been no issues reported from him..

I personally checked all settings and audio quality everything was fabulous but only in my car it had major issues..
    It's been 1 yr since I gave it to him and he's pretty happy even today..

My advice, dont invest in these things unless you have time to physically check everything out.
    Also Fiat's Transmitters are not on par with other cars so you might have disturbance .. I'm not happy with the antenna either..
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Sorry guyes theres few new pics of my car ... but attaching picture from computer is not working any more ... do anybody faced the same problem ???
  5. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Some updates of my car ...

Celebrating 2 yrs ....

6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Nice pics rahul!! Punto is looking stunning.

Happy Driving!
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Awesome pics Rahul,Loved FIAT decal on your Punto's hood.
    Happy miles with more smiles.
    2 people like this.
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Hey Rahul,
    Thanks Mate. Few things.
    1) Where in blore did you get those Fiat Decal done on you hood and how much did it cost?
    2) The Mats, Is it a perfect fit for Punto ? And do u remember how much you paid for it?
    3) I liked the Door Sill Light Plates, and the pressure Nob with Fiat thing. Did you get it from Local market?
  9. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Hi pra.agar,
    That time this decals was available from fiat itself, as far as I remember it was around 2k.
    Those matts are available in j c road & it comes as universal size, so you can fit accordingly. I didn't had any problem, only the middle pit at the rear is exposed, I don't find any suitable matt for that that region.. costed +-700
    Door sill again from j c road...
    Pressure nob - Got it from UK ...
    pra.agar likes this.