1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Car - Punto 1.2 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rahulvfx, Feb 16, 2012.

1. basis

basis Amatore

sorry...but my questions were different. :(
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

No I'm still facing the break the problem .. rather I have given the car for service also but it didn't got fixed... On the other hand I found that the fiat guys were well aware of the problem ( rather its a feature of Punto 1.2), though they are not willing to change the technology as many other driver's driving stile matches the way it is. Pick up good with four persons, but with 5 on second gear it take some time to gain the speed, (for this service guys told it will gradually develop).. n no overtaking is not issue. Rite now mileage is around 12.5 in highways and 11.5 in city drive ...

On the other hand my first experience with TATA Service specially K H T motors is worst then ever... I went to many service center with my friends earlier say Ford Maruti Chev Skoda .... but this felt like street side garage... all I felt is the service center is meant for Cab drivers filled with Indica cabs, no attender, no attention if you are going for the first time also. You need to search for everything by your self. Now I'm pretty sure from the nest time I not giving my Car to this A** H*** service center.. They even screwed my AC and 4th n 5th gear... A loud "Tak" kind of sound coming as I switch On the Ac or Off it, earlier it was not there, when I told them they were saying it's common for all the Puntos... and 4 n 5 the gear started giving sound as I increase the race or speed .. like "khhaarrrrrrrrrrrr" .. may be It's sounding funny but I didn't thought that I trusted some fool filled company for my vehicle ... that also came to know that much earlier ...

dont know how will I continue to service my car for the life ... :?:
  3. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

I am also using the same vehicle and variant i.e. 1.2 Emotion.

1. Never felt any issue with breaking.
    2. The tak sound is there but only when I turn on AC while turning off the AC, there is no sound. I was told that the sound is generated when the compressor engages with the engine. SO it's normal.
    3. I never faced any issue like "khhaarrrrrrrrrrrr" in any gear.

I have done 13K KMs so far with no major issues, I am enjoying my ride. I don't use my car regularly, only on weekends. I always wait for the opportunity to get behind the wheel of my car :)
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My car never had these problems,
    Just change the Service centre and check the difference,Tell the SA in the beginning only whats the issue or take him for a Drive and let himself find it out.
  5. nobrakes

Like Sachin and Tony have already said, even I have the same varient but am vvvvvvvvvvv happy with my car so far. No issues at all. I had to go to 3 service centres and found the third one to be the best. The Service advisor I go to is brilliant. Hope you find a good service station to resolve your issues rahul, because the 1.2 like the other variants is a nice car......after all its a punto....and a FIAT!
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Yaa... you may be correct.. anyways I informed Fiat Pune about my service experience here... And really I had to do this because after repeated mails to CRO of K H T Motors service, he didn't bother to acknowledge my mails at once... It's so pathetic... Anyways I asked those pune guys to guide me with a good service center in Bangalore... lets see... even you can't believe that list of problems which I have given my vehicle for service non of them were addressed... rather they deliverd my vehicle stating all the problem being resolved... I think I had to WAR for this... few stuffs which I addressed on PDI, were not been done before delivery, so was told will be done after some time. But now when I went to service desk they are saying all those things are chargeable.

Ok OK some info required... it's getting too hot outside ... planning for Sunfilms any suggestions?

And another think I spoke to a fiat guy from Pune regarding the Breaking issue, according to him it's common on every 1.2, it's just the driving style, so gradually I'm changing my driving style according to my car... The Breaking system is not an issue of Punto 1.2 rather it's kind of breaking technology (Break Booster) which comes with all the current Fiat Cars... And now I'm OK with it ...
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

I felt the same issue initially in the my 1.2 when i was learning the driving. Now i am using both clucth and Break together ..Please try using clutch while breaking..
  8. hey post some pics bro... it is an injustice to your thread...
    Regarding the brake problem: I have been using 1.2 E BNW for 7K+ kms but not had any problems yet.
    I have an fm transmittor installed but trust me it does not sound good. there is some crackling sound and it is gonna be there, u have to leave with it.
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I am confused. Don't we always use the clutch while braking? I have never used the brakes without the clutch so far.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I never use clutch untill the car is about to start knocking or I need to stop the car to a complete rest. I have been applying this right from my bike riding days. I have read somewhere that this is the most effective way of braking. Also saves clutch life and may be the brake pads life to some extent I believe.