1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Car - Punto 1.2 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rahulvfx, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am late. Still, Congratulations on your new acquisition Rahul. Enjoy with your beauty.
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    last weekend I fixed Dapic bluetooth mirror Dapic | Bluetooth Mirrors BT-01.... the fm transmitter is a total crap ... even the bluetooth voice is going low, hardly can hear on the other side... rear cam is very good as well as in night (very helpful) ... video plays nice ... but sound is crap .. today I ringd the customer support of Dapic they asked me to visit there ... lets see whats there for me this weekend... also did some interior lighting as well as under neons .. will soon upload the images ... not getting time from office .. :(
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  3. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Got trouble !!! ... Did anyone faced false breaking on there new Punto 1.2 ??? The break is failing abruptly like I couldn't find out on what circumstance it failing up? Sometime in 2nd gear while in traffic, or some in highway when in 4th or 5th gear (very rare experience in 4th or 5th)... It's very frequent in heavy city traffic drive like in 2nd gear, like as soon as it fails if if press once more there after it catches the break, so now every time I need to break in slow traffic I have to paddle atleast twice for no taking any chance... And it's not that everytime it is happening, like I can't recreate the problem once more. It happening as I told abruptly... For this I went to near service center( K h t motors), told the problem, they took a test drive but didn't felt what I'm facing... now it's a big problem and as I'm new to autoparts, I don't have that much technical knowledge about the car. So the technicians told me everything is fine... Now I'm driving my new with fear ... don'i know what to do ... So posted here if any technical guidance comes...

Thankss in advance
    \greetzz ....
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey rahul, i've owned the 1.2 GP for the past seven months, driven it for 6000kms, never seen/experienced this issue with the brakes. (touchwood ;) )
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore

yaa you may be right ... coz one of frnd also own Punto 1.2 Active 2010... he faced this kinda same prob at first ... but after giving to the fiat guys they rectified the stuff ... even I was about to do that only .....

A awwsoome weekend passed ... went to Yelagiri Hills .... smooth drive ... max speed reached around 140 km/h .... fuel consumption showed 12.5 km/l in this trip ... odo crossed 1200 km ... anyways what speed limit should be kept before 1st service ? sorry for no pics update of lighting works in the car... wil update soon ...
  7. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    As a rule of thumb rev<= 3000 . But occasionally i rev it up to 4500
  8. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey,

your braking issue solved? how is the pickup, power for 1.2 with ful load?

Is the over taking as issue? and mileage?
  9. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    hi basis .. sorry cudn't got chance to give for service... got stuck with this DAPIC bluetooth mirror ... (worse prod, as wel as service):boxer ... fm transmitter is very bad, not good sound... even in bluetooth the other side can't here my voice ... given to service center, was there for 2 weeks, then returned me told problem solved, after attaching those, found nothing is rectified. On calling them they again told me open the unit with all the wiring n give them ... all for this going from whitefield to J C Rd. .. totally got frustrated... probaly monday I wil tk the car to service...
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

rahul about the FM transmitter, i think noting can be done. For Bluetooth mic you can replace with one avilable in market( i mean simillar one) with better quality. i have one GPS+blutooth device which had the same issues. I replaced the mic(mobile repair shop guys did it) and its super clear nw. For better reception you can adjust the position slightly and see the result.unfortunately in your case as its mirror mount not much adjustment can be done.