1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car: GP 1.2 Emotion TW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by nirmalyadhar, Jul 11, 2011.

1. nirmalyadhar

nirmalyadhar Timido

KOLKATA
    Hi friends, I am from Kolkata & joined today only. I want to share with you my experience of booking my Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion. Before zeroing down to GP, I tried i20, polo, figo, swift & fabia. But I was sold to GP the first time I saw it. Even my wife also liked it. Then I started negotiating with the sales representative in Lexus Motors. Initially they offered me discount of 9K, actual ins 10.5 K, petrol voucher 13.5K & free RSA on ex-showroom of 512373. They also offered floor mats, mud flaps, steering cover & perfume:). On further negotiation they increased the discount to 12.3K:p. I negotiated on the free accessories also & managed to get seat covers, body cover & full body anti-rust coating:D. we choose the Tuscan wine as the colour. I am happy with the deal. What you all think about it? I will be getting the car delivered around 25th of this month. The count down is on & the days are seems really long.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nirmal welcome to Team FIAT India & Congratulations for new TW Beauty.

1.2 Fire engine is very silent, may be you will get confused sometimes as its ignition is on or off. It happened with me lot of times in my 1.2 Emotion Punto
  3. congrats you got a very good offer :) enjoy your drive. looking for you initial review and some pictures too :)
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red [or perhaps, Tuscan Wine] carpet welcome to you and your precious Punto, nirmalyadhar. Go through the owner's manual thoroughly and acquaint yourself with the numerous features of Punto.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Nirmalyadhar

Heartiest congratulations on getting the TW Punto. Waiting to see some pics.

Gurjinder
  6. congratulations on your car.
    welcome to TFI.
    wishing you a happy stay here.

which model was the car?
    i mean which month was it produced?
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Congrats for the booking and have lots of rosogulla's on the delivery day.

The car will make you fall in love, please notify your wife already in advance :p
  8. nirmalyadhar

nirmalyadhar Timido

KOLKATA
    Thanks for your wishes Kedar. I have already experienced the same even with the TD car. Will keep your words in mind. thanks again.

Thank you Ravi, I will keep your advice in my mind.

Thanks Drive drift, certainly I will.

Thanks Gurjinder, I will post pics of the beauty as soon as I see her during PDI.

Thanks Sri, I am yet to receive the car. I will let you know once I get the detail.

Hi Shashank, thanks for your wishes. It seems I don't need to tell my wife, she is already feeling the heat.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
  9. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi! nirmalyadhar,

A big Congrats from another Bong!

By the way why you have not gone for 1.3 Active? As petrol price is reaching sky month by month!
  10. nirmalyadhar

nirmalyadhar Timido

KOLKATA
    You have a point, in fact I TD GP 1.3 first(the sales rep. did not tell me that its a 1.3), but as soon as I turned the ignition key, It gave typical diesel car like feel(although much less than regular diesels). Further to it I will be mostly using her for city driving, that also about 30 Km/day max & 1 or 2 long drives a month. Considering my usage I zeroed down to petrol. I even thought of 1.4, but shifted to 1.2 for FE, compromising on the power. You must appreciate the comfort level of a petrol over a diesel one(even after considering the new generation MJDs). Hope my decision proves to be right. However, thanks for your suggestion & please share your exp.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011