1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car : GP 1.2 Dynamic (Tuscan Wine)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by unleash_thunder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Travelled to Ooty on 7th August 2015 and was back in Bangalore on 9th August 2015. Took the Bangalore-Mysore-Gundlupet-Bandipur-Theppakadu-Gudalur-Ooty route. The road widening work is going on between Nanjangud and Gundlupet and is manageable. After Theppakadu, enroute to Gudalur, the road is saddled with huge potholes (for ~15 kms) and is a nightmare to drive on. However, the scenic beauty enroute to Ooty via Gudalur compensated for the awful drive post Theppakadu. I took the 36 hair-pin bend route for my return journey and would say that the road condition is pretty good for the stretch. The weather was pleasant for the entire duration with an occasional bout of rains. Light woolens came in handy during the night. Will be coming up with my travelogue in due course.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2015 ---
    Have purchased a new gadget for my Punto: Blaupunkt BP 2.0 dashcam from Snapdeal. Got it for Rs. 2090 (58% off) from the Snapdeal app. The dashcam was delivered on Saturday 22nd August 2015 and was immediately pressed into service.

Specifications and relevant details are here: BP 2.0 FHD (http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/products/single/11033)

Initial impressions are as follows:

a) Day-light videos are good.
    b) Auto-exposure setting is absent and is quite evident when the car goes from a well-lit area to a dim-light one.
    c) Videos are recorded in 10 minute clips.
    d) For my 32GB card, the total hours of recording supported is ~4 hrs.
    e) Two tiny LEDs: constant red suggests charging and blinking green suggests recording.

Will be posting a sample day-light and night video in sometime.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  3. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Hill drive was excellent. Yes, Punto held up very well. Though i did not take the Masinagudi route while ascending, i will not be in a position to substantiate the behavior of 1.2L FIRE Petrol on really steep inclines. But i thoroughly enjoyed the drive and not even once i felt tired. I would like to point out that even on hills where there is categorically mentioned not to overtake, some insane drivers do overtake and that too on blind turns. I was really annoyed with this kind of irresponsible behavior of the drivers, but, the scenic beauty enroute to Ooty really helped in calming me down.
    Deepak, Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.