1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car : GP 1.2 Dynamic (Tuscan Wine)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by unleash_thunder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Already mentioned "Bulbs used are Phillips Rally along with Phillips Relay Kit.", so it is ok. And I am using it from last one year or so, no blackening etc.
    And regarding warranty, SC may decline if any electrical issue they found out due to this. But this is so normal upgrade, shouldn't be a big problem.
    unleash_thunder likes this.
  2. jay raman

jay raman Timido

new delhi
    new delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    hello Fiatians,
    am damn confused between the GP 1.2 fire or i-gen i20
    price varies 20-30k between both cars

please help me i m done with the booking of punto already
    now confused about i20
    :/
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    One thing i can assure you,
    Once with FIAT always with FIAT, and will never repent on the BUY.
    Welcome to the forum with the ITALIAN BEAUTY
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, if you care at all for car style and for driving pleasure (the harmony of steering-handling-ride-braking), not to mention safety and solidity: Fiat Punto it has to be. Go for it buddy.

Hyundai-s are overpriced for what they offer, and their ass and spares are exorbitant too. They sell at a discount all over the world but at a premium in India, strange!

cheers
  5. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,

I am planning a trip to Kudremukh starting Sunday. The plan is to travel to Sringeri and stay at my friend's house and then have a day's trip to Kudremukh. Would be great if you may help me out with the routes and road condition. Google maps suggest taking Indiranagar (Bangalore)-Neelamangala-Hassan-Belur-Chikkamagaluru-Vastare-Balehonnur-Agalagandi-Sringeri.

Also, have been through my first servicing last Saturday. Do i need to get my Punto re-checked again at the service centre before commencing my journey?
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If you are facing any problems, then only, otherwise not at all @unleash_thunder .
    All the best for the trip!
  7. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Had a horrific time yesterday while I was on the way to Nandi Hills. While at the hill entrance, there was a traffic jam and i spotted it well in advance. While maintaining a considerable distance from the vehicle in front of me, my car while i was stopping it, suddenly stalled and started rolling backwards. I immediately pulled the handbrake, however, even after doing so, owing to momentum i suppose, it rolled down a couple of inches. Thankfully i was the last one in the queue and hence, nobody was hurt in the process. I was so horrified and panicked that i took me good 10 mins to start rolling again. I have been to Nandi hills some six times before this incident but never encountered such problem during the journey. Would be great if people may throw some more light on managing such situations as i am really skeptical of the half-clutch mechanism. The good news however is that Punto returned an awesome mileage of 15.1 km/l for the round-trip. I drove in the range of 70-90 kmph consistently except while on the hills.
  8. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,

I am planning to travel to Ooty on Friday 07, 2015. I will start early morning 3:30 am so that i reach Ooty by 1/2 pm. I would prefer to drive on my own and will be accompanied by three more persons. Would be great if you may let me know the best possible route to reach Ooty. Also, will FIRE 1.2 be able to handle the steep inclines while on the way to Ooty. Would be great if people may respond with their experiences?
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Route update Banglore- Mysore - Ooty.

Bangalore to mysore- good,4 laned road but loads of traffic and busy towns in between with huge speed breakers means you take almost 3.5 hrs to cover 130 odd kms.

Mysore-Bandipur-Gudalur-Ooty- long route option and drive via gudalur instead kalahatty..with breathtaking scenery all around you and absolutely beautiful curvy roads, around 10-15 kms of bad road stretch in madumalai reserve is completely forgiven..Sighted wild elephants,bisons,deers and peacocks making the journey even more memorable.

You can safely take any car for hill drive. Just that you need to be in the right gear with right throttle :)
    This info below is from one of the blog i visited:
    HILL DriVE - Tips:
    • Selection of right gear: Your XUV is never going to climb to Mussoorie in it’s 5th or 6th gear but then there is no sensibility in pushing the car throughout the way in first gear and keeping on redlining it. So the crux is that the gear you are driving in must be selected in such a way that neither the vehicle gets bogged down nor the engine gets strained. This can be any gear ranging from first to even top gear(if you find a good straight stretch) all you need to take care is of just two points, no bogging down and no straining of engine.
    • Right gear and throttle usage: Okay, we have just talked of selection of right gear, now here is the technique of doing so and the technique is very simple. You are driving uphill in 4th gear and suddenly the incline increases even more, you will feel that revs have started felling, now this is the time to shift down when the vehicle is already having enough momentum to keep moving in the gear you shift to. Instead if you wait for speed to fell even more or revs fell even more then you will end up bogging down for sure. Similarly if you are going downhill then shifting down should be done before the vehicle starts catching good speeds in the higher gear you are driving in. Similar is the throttle usage, while going uphill the throttle should be pressed quite good as per the gear and speed you need while during coming downhill the throttle is better left and brakes should be befriended.
    • Shifting time and technique: I have seen a lot of people who know that they have to shift down but still they end up bogging down when they were trying to shift, what is the reason? Simple – wrong shifting time. While going uphill or attacking a hairpin, it is always advisable to shift at the time the vehicle has momentum, once your vehicle has started loosing momentum than you are in a small problem because as soon as you will press your clutch, the vehicle will most probably stop and if not then you have to shift with lightening fast speed..haha, which normally results in unwanted results like wrong shifting or bogging down. While coming downhill, it is always better to shift when vehicle has less momentum else it will result in rising of revs to dangerously high levels.
      So right time is when your vehicle has enough momentum(less when coming downhill) and technique is simple ‘be quick and precise’.
    Okay, you have done it all but still due to the foolish bus driver driving in front of your vehicle has applied the brakes and as a result you are bogged down or stopped. Now how to move ahead?Simple is the method, if the vehicle is equipped with hill ascent/descent control then you need to just shift to first and start moving ahead but if there is no hill ascent/descent control then you have to rely on your handbrake to keep you in the place. Now after applying the handbrake all you need to do is shift in first gear and give small throttle input, be ready to leave the handbrake too with button pressed. Now with small throttle input start leaving the clutch slowly. When you feel that slight force is building up which is trying to move the vehicle ahead(it is very easy to feel that) then just remove the handbrake and give throttle input, that also quite good and if you have to crawl then give slight input and keep on following the same instructions.
  10. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot Deepak for your specific inputs.
    Deepak likes this.