1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car : GP 1.2 Dynamic (Tuscan Wine)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by unleash_thunder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    I completely second your view rishike007. But today while i was taking a right turn and a car was ahead in front of me, this moron sped and swerved from the left to plug the gap and brushed aside my left fender. I was really angry and would have beaten him blue and black, but somehow calmed myself. Road rage aint a solution to anything.
    1 person likes this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That was real sad :(
  3. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi guys! Went to the Shivanasamudram waterfalls during last weekend. For the round trip i got a fairly decent fuel efficiency of 13.8 kmpl. Will write about the experience in the travelogue section in sometime along with a couple of pics from the trip. However, i witnessed that the stock headlight bulbs are not powerful enough in high beam while driving on the highways during night. Would like to upgrade the stock headlight bulbs as i am planning to do more highway drives and have a few options, which i am listing below:

a) Osram NB unlimited: http://www.osram.com/osram_com/news...t-breaker-unlimited-product-details/index.jsp

Better and powerful than NB+. Costs ~INR 2000 for a set.

b) Phillips Weathervision: http://www.philips.co.in/c/car-lamps/weathervision-halogen-12754rawvs2/prd/

Will not get scattered in rain and fog and hence aids better visibility in extreme conditions. Price i am not sure about.

c) Phillips Xtreme vision: Costs ~INR 1200 for a pair and quite similar to Osram's NB+.

Would be great if you may chip in with your suggestions.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    But installing 100/90 will blacken out the reflectors as well as will require extra relay which in turn will void the warranty i guess. Also, i have read somewhere that 100/90 H4 are not legal in India.
  6. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Have upgraded the stock bulbs to 100/90 W configuration. Bulbs used are Phillips Rally along with Phillips Relay Kit. Total cost for the upgrade is INR 1700. Though the throw is appreciable, the headlight dome gets heated up considerably. Guys, have two important concerns: a) Will the reflectors blacken out early and b) will it effect warranty in any case, though no wires are cut.Would be great if you may resolve these queries.
  7. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am also in search of new bulbs. Stocks are just NOT adequate on highways. Especially in total dark. Frankly speaking, it's quite scary :(
    unleash_thunder likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can look at Osram Night Breaker Plus or the Philips Extreme vision. Note these bulbs are pricey and like any other performance bulbs, the life can be shorter too. These bulbs do not require any relay and cut out. Just remove the existing ones and plonk these and there would be decent improvement in the brightness.
  9. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Krishna. Though i have upgraded the bulbs to 90/100 W configuration and there is no tampering with the electrical wiring, just wanted to check if it may void electrical warranty?
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Have you used a cut out with relay? If no, remove the bulbs immediately as it will fry the OEM plastic holders. If you have got the cut out with relay, then no problems should arise. On the warranty, ideally it is void and but it depends on the service center too.