1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car : GP 1.2 Dynamic (Tuscan Wine)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by unleash_thunder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys, just need some advice regarding GPS+GSM based car tracker. Have thought of installing the same as my GP is parked on the roadside beside my building premises. Have come across quite a few available in the market, like MMI Rover Series, Phoenix Secure, Megatracker and MicroVBB. Would be great if you may provide your inputs with respect to the products. Also, i am not looking for an immobilizer as the Fiat one is actually great and would not like to tamper with it.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Got steering wheel cover, gear boot and handbrake lever cover done at Pensee Leathers. Though the guy took ~4 hrs to accomplish the job, it was worth the wait as the finished product was just awesome. Total cost : ~INR 2500

WP_20140801_001.jpg WP_20140801_003.jpg WP_20140801_004.jpg
    6 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems they have done good work, cost also increased a bit :).
    1 person likes this.
  4. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes Ravi Sir. The job was perfect and the cost is bit on a higher side as i opted for pure leather. Had it been automotive grade, it would have been ~10-15% lower.
    1 person likes this.
  5. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Today once again a taxi driver brushed aside my left fender while overtaking from the wrong side at my office entrance. I was so pissed off that i wanted to get out of the car and beat that taxi driver black and blue with the hockey stick i carry in my boot :chair:. Decided against it as traffic started building up behind me. These morons will swerve here and there and endanger life of the commuters everyday. Have witnessed during the last three months that ~60-65% of the drivers will be busy on their cell phones and driving on busy streets where one needs to exercise extra caution. And i seriously do not understand why the police does not do anything. Instead of confiscating the taxi, they should give these morons a tight slap and should imprison them for atleast a day.

The body shop advisor is quoting INR 2,500 for re-painting half bumper and INR 4,500 for the full bumper. The impact is in the same area where the auto rammed into my car a month back.
    WP_20140718_001.jpg
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That hurts and its irritating. From the pics, there seems to be no dent. If the scratches doesn't appear too bad or evident from a distance, my advice is to leave it as it is. May be rubbing or a scratch remover would make it look slightly better
    1 person likes this.
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Man that's bad. I can feel the pain :( For me a Bike person did some scratches and mine is Tuscan white which looks bad. Need to get it fixed.
  8. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah, there is no dent. Even my colleague who was sitting beside me expected a big dent, but thankfully owing to the strong build quality, no dents witnessed. Though after some rubbing and cleaning, the scratch will not appear bad, its really painful as mine is a new car and it hurts to see it with such scratches. Will leave it like this for a while. Probably will get it rectified during first service.
  9. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah Prateek. It feels bad and i do not understand the mindset of these people (taxi drivers, auto-wallahs and bikers) that why the hell they behave like a free flowing river, hint of a space and they will swerve from whatever direction to plug it.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We have to be very careful from such type of species. As they really know R for Rule. So its a the best option to give them side if we sense such type hint during traffic hours.:A
    1 person likes this.