1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car : GP 1.2 Dynamic (Tuscan Wine)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by unleash_thunder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Just wanted to check with the other Punto 1.2 dynamic owners that i am getting ~9 kmpl mileage while in the city with 100% AC on. Is it normal? I usually drive on the Suranjandas Road-HAL Airport Road-Yemlur stretch to reach my office in Bellandur. The drive is mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear as the entire stretch is saddled with potholes. While on the Nandi Hills drive i got an average mileage of ~15 kmpl (including both onward and return journey) with ~75% AC.

Regarding the ownership experience will be doing it in sometime as i am pretty much tied up with work as of now.
  2. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys, it would be great if you may share your experiences with the mileage part of 1.2 Fire Petrol. Also, please let me know how good is Motorola Roadster 2 v/s Jabra Freeway as i want to install a Bluetooth car kit in my Dynamic.

Thanking you all in advance for your valuable comments.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Check Nokia HF-210 bluetooth handfree on Amazon.in

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane..! :p
  4. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks asimpleson. Going with Jabra Freeway as it also has A2DP to pair via FM.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes a better product sure. Does it have echo or noise cancellation..??

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane..! :p
  6. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, i think it has. Quoting from the product's description on Flipkart:

• Noise Blackout Extreme dual microphone technology
  7. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Initial Ownership Report:

Sorry for the delayed ownership report. Please find below my initial impressions. Will be discussing in detail every aspect later as i am running short on time. Also, many thanks to the members of Team Fiat who have provided their invaluable suggestions and comments in different ownership threads. Here it goes:

It has been close to a month and 1200 kms on the ODO.

What I like:
    · Stunning design
    · Superb suspension; glides on the potholes (I travel daily on the severly pot-holed Suranjhadas Road)
    · Good build quality
    · Very good NVH levels with windows rolled up
    · VFM as per the features provided
    · Dead pedal a boon on long drives
    · Steering wheel is just awesome with contours to rest our thumbs
    · Great high-speed dynamics (though have crossed 100 kmph only once while on a highway; usually stick to 80 kmph on highways and empty roads)
    · Unevenness in panel gaps aren’t quite visible as was the case in older Puntos
    What I don’t:
    · Cramped footwell
    · Lacks outright punch with A/C on
    · Gearbox doesn’t like quick shifts
    · Fuel efficiency of petrol (giving me 9.5 km/l though I believe it is owing to my driving style)
    · Some plastics don’t exude confidence (Boot and fuel opening lever)

Selection & Booking:
    I moved to Bengaluru from Mumbai in the last week of December 2013 to take up a new job in the city. After two weeks of house hunting, I finalized a home in Indiranagar though my office is in Bellandur owing to the presence of eating joints and its central location. Also, the fact that Bellandur doesn’t have a Cauvery water supply helped me in freezing my decision for Indiranagar. With daily office commuting becoming a headache for me as I had to change three buses if I took the HAL-Marathahalli-Bellandur route and commuting via Biapannahalli-Tin Factory-Bellandur taking almost 30 mins more than the previous mentioned route, I finally decided that I need to have my own bike/car. With my parent’s strict no-no for a bike, I was left with one choice: a car. Since, parking is a problem in my locality; I decided that hatchback would be most suitable for me (as I would be driving alone with an occasional passenger). With the Indian market flooded with so many hatchbacks, selecting one is an extremely difficult task. My preference was inclined towards performance, ride and build quality and handling. Also, I didn’t want to splurge more than 6L for the car. Discussing the hatchbacks which I considered and my views on the same:

a) Polo: A classy looking hatch having everything I wanted. However, with base version of Polo priced at ~INR 7 OTR, it was out of contention.
    b) Figo: With low GC as compared to Punto and an outdated design, I decided against it.
    c) Swift: Too common on the road
    d) Ritz: Never liked its rear-design
    e) I20: Steering and suspension no match for Punto

Smitten by its looks, I always wanted to own a Punto. With 1.2L Petrol dynamic coupled with the on-going discounts falling within my financial ambit, I booked the same on 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] May 2014 at KHT Motor’s Fiat Caffe on the Indiranagar-Kormangala intermediate ring road. The sales advisor Mr Irshad was an extremely knowledgeable person and explained all the finer details of the car with aplomb. After completing loan formalities, I took the delivery on 13[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2014 (13[SUP]th[/SUP] the Friday).
    OTR: INR 5.67 Lakhs (Inclusive of INR 50,000 cash discount, INR 3,500 corporate discount, Free Insurance for the First Year, Free RSA, Accessories worth INR 15,000)
    Accessories provided by the dealership: Reverse Parking Sensors, Floor Mats and Mud Flaps; Accessories worth INR 15,000 included MapmyIndia’s Vx140s Premium navigation system, Door Sills (was out of stock and yet to be installed), Car Cover

Accessories, mods done:
    a) Tyre change-Michelin XM2 from Madhus Langford Road (Set of 4 along with buy-back of the older set costed me INR 11,200 (also includes Nitrogen filling and Wheel Balancing)
    b) Floor Mats: Star 3D Mats for INR 3,200
    c) Mud-flaps: Genuine Fiat ones
    d) 3M Paint Sealant: Got it done from Indiranagar costing ~INR 3,800
    e) 3M PPF( ORVM’s, Door edges): Got it done from Indiranagar 3M store (don’t remember the exact price but I think it was close to INR 2000)
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Any review without pics is considered to be incomplete :)
  9. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah. I know pabhishek. Pics will be uploaded tomorrow. :)
  10. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Posting pics of my beauty.....sorry for the delayed updation.

WP_20140627_001.jpg WP_20140627_002.jpg WP_20140627_003.jpg