1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Car : FIAT PUNTO 1.3 Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by basis, Oct 8, 2012.

1. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Congratulations!

With respect to your query regarding exterior maintenance, please get a paint protection treatment done from a good detailer.

For daily up-keep of the car's looks, please invest in:-

1) Good car duster
    2) Micro-fiber cloths
    3) Glass cleaning solution
    4) Waterless car wash solution
    5) Quick detailer

This should be enough if you start right away when the car is bought new. Don't do the mistakes that I did.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Basis, after 3 yrs of research your car basics are perfect.. Welcome and drive safely..
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore

Hi! I stay in HSR Layout. Though it is 33 km from my location still I selected that as they submitted lowest quotation of all the four dealers.

They took 4000.00 as value pack but came to know that in september there was no such value pack. so they they cheated me by taking extro 4000.00.
    Also “50 month RSA” document in detail not yet received. I informed to Fiat.

So, request the Addya Motor to adjust that amount with the 3G Tablet with GPS & Smartphone from FIAT.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

For immediate need I just ordered Jopasu - Car Duster (549)and Jopasu - Magic Wipe (Set of 3) (499) from snapdeal.

I donot have any more plan right now.

Can you pl. let me know with brand name , how to use etc. for the following:

3) Glass cleaning solution
    4) Waterless car wash solution
    5) Quick detailer

relianceautozone is good?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

I got following

Fiat Floor Carpet Mats
    Fiat Car Cover Silver
    Fiat Mud Flap
    Fiat Remote Locking system installed
    Perfume

+ 17.5 K cash discount(I I have not taken Insurance +RSA)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why have not taken RSA? I would urge you to take it, even if you have to pay.
  5. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi! Ravi,

RSA is provided by LeasePlan next next 3 years. My company will pay for that. So it is already free for me.

So I donot need RSA offered by Fiat.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Hi! Ravi,

RSA is provided by LeasePlan next next 3 years. My company will pay for that. So it is already free for me.

So I donot need RSA offered by Fiat.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Congratulations basis :D
    We Both Started A thread ( for Buying car ) in JAN and Finally Our Both cars are arrival Here !!:-D
  7. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    There are many brands that exists and each one has their own favourite. But here is what I use:-

For glass cleaning:- Sonax Clear View. I add a few drops to a spray gun and fill it up with half liter water. Spray liberally on one section of glass and wipe off (with EUROW MF) in one direction.

Waterless car wash solution: I've used only two so far. 1. ONR 2. Aquanil-X.

1. ONR: I diluted in 10 drops of ONR in about 250ml of water in a spray gun. Spray liberally and wipe in one direction using EUROW MF. Gently & briefly buff after wiping it off in a dry MF.

2. Aquanil-X: Same procedure.

My preference: Aquanil-X. Its a bit pricey (Rs.650 for 500ml and each time you would need 75ml to clean a Punto) but it is a wash and wax solution so saves time and energy+No need to break your head regarding dilution ratios. ONR doesn't come anywhere close.

3. Quick Detailer: Haven't used any specific QD products except above two which are wash+QD products.

No idea about Reliance Autozone. My shopping (including stuff like socks) happens online :-D

PS: Before even all this my humble two bits would be to get a paint protection treatment done.

Also, BNW colour attracts LOT of tar and grime and it kind of stubborn for a normal car wash. But please DO NOT use diesel to clean that. There are good products (I hear Meguiar's a lot) to take care of this.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012