1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first car and im feeling a little low - Power issues

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Tootronix, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tootronix

Tootronix Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I bought a Fiat GP 90HP not more than a month back. It was a used car i picked up and had it inspected and all seemed fine.

I'm facing this issue now of a low pick up. While driving the pick up drops all of a sudden and the RPM does not seem to rise as usual...it takes ages for it to go up:(. and the turbo does not even kick in till 3.1k RPM..

But when i switch off the car and start it all this problem seems to vanish and the car seems to shoot like normal again..this has been happening for almost 15days now and you really cant tell when this power drop happens..it just that it happens a few times every day. i got to switch off and switch on the car to get is back to normal. I wonder what the problem could be as for a restart to get it temporarily rectified.

i did give the car for a service a couple of days back and told them bout the issue. got a few hose changed, the air and fuel filter changed ...but the problem still persists:(
    ive seen such posts in such forums but no one has posted a solution as such.( most of the owners who posted such an issue were GP MJD 2011 model owners)

I love a fiat and am a real big fan . but here im feeling a little too disappointed considering the fact that this is my first car and went against a few at home to pick a Fiat. if anyone of you have faced this issue and had it rectified please help
  2. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Timido

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    How many miles on the ODO? ~40k it is always advisable to clean your EGR valve. If there isnt any change. Check your turbo actuator. I bet it is the actuator. But get your EGR cleaned first. Keep us updated!

Regrads,
    Umesh
    Bala likes this.
  3. Tootronix

Tootronix Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Umesh,

Thanks much I will get them checked. Mine has just completed 42k on the ODO . I bought it at 40k though. did not want to wait for it to finish 45 to give it for a service and dropped it off last Saturday.

Thanks much Umesh will definitely update you on how the car is doin after.

Regards,
    Santosh
    Tanmoy, Umesh Kumar and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  4. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    @Tootronix Please post what is the diagnosis once you get to know.
  5. Tootronix

Tootronix Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  6. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    I too have the same problem. I'm surprised , why fiat is not able to find the solution to it.. It's gets well after the egr is cleaned and the same problem again crops up.. There is no permanent solution . Remap is the only way to get rid of it.
    Please let me if you find any solution.
  7. Tootronix

Tootronix Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Which model is yours? Is it a 90hp too?? cause i have checked on other forums too and have seen the same issue reported by other owners(2011 90hp) but they did not get the issue resolved either:(. Anyway after i get the job done will update you on the status. Pray for me :p
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    its the Faulty EGR valves causing the issue. Just get the EGR valve disconnected from a garage and do a trial run for 2-3 days. You will get to know. You have two solutions:
    1. if the valves are damaged, cleaning the EGR wont fix the issue. you need to get a new EGR valve.
    2. Or delete the damn EGR. it does more gimmicks than actually doing it's work. EGR is open only at low speed where as its shut post 2rpm :p You can delete using a remap or just visit any tuning guys like code6 (off jail road, Sarjapur road) . I think they should help in just getting the EGR deleted. Keep us posted.
  9. Tootronix

Tootronix Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Deepak! thanks much will check this option too. How much do you think this should cost?? I wanted to get few body dents on the car sorted and this would call for a paint job too. So if the remapping would cost a bit then i guess i'd have to stall the body work and get this sorted.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i suggest to check with code6 whether they can just delete the EGR or a complete remap is needed.
    if they say remap is needed, you gotta do your research on remap ( it's advantages/disadvantages). Then which tuning guy ? (Viezu/code6/Wolf) :) My suggestion is first confirm the issue (whether it's really a faulty EGR) , then weigh getting a new EGR vs remap. You will get some idea. approx remap cost ~20k.