1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First 4 Wheeler

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Knool, Jul 19, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pay 4 lakhs upfront and get a FIAT. Invest the remaining 2 lakhs to offset the interest on the balance amount :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  2. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    @patchyBoy, its a good Option but actually some religious Matter i cannot give or take interest :(
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh OK. Can you get used or do you have to buy new only? When you say FIAT refused, I believe you are saying the financier is refusing to your proposal. If SKODA is willing to offer you that, I wonder why? More importantly, how?

Rajan
  4. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    Interested in Buying New.. This will be my First CAR and to my Family.
    Yes Fiat guys refused my Offer remaining amount 0% after Paying 6 L cash..
    for Skoda they accepted not because of my Offer its because they have such scheme to every body.. what ever the Vehicle amount its should be <6 Lakhs to covert in
    0% EMI..

Example.. If Vehicle cost is 12,35,000 you need to pay 6,35,000 remaining 6 Lakhs they will convert to 0% EMI for 3 years

so in that sense its perfactly matching my requirement.. i'm ready to pay 6L cash remaining amount is less then 6 Lakhs.
  5. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Knool. I was in similar situation few days ago. I wanted to buy a new car for ~10 lakh. I had 5 lakh cash ready.
    I drove almost all cars in that range.
    After a lot of research ended up buying 3 year old Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol emotion pk for ~ 4 lakh. Got a good car and saved some $$$
    I will suggest you to go for used car if you are not interested in taking loan. There are many good used cars in the market. Just today saw an ad on company website, one guy selling his fiat linea petrol manufactured in June 2010 for 4 lakh. Reason for selling - going onsite.
    Anyway if you want to go for new car, check for Skoda's after sales service in your area. Skoda rapid is also a good car though i felt Linea is better than Rapid.
  6. Knool

Knool

Bangalore

Thats a Good advice sure i will try. the main problem here is i cannot test myself (Still learning phase :)) so dont want to take chance. but still this weekend i will try to visit scond hand market. but actually 2 weeks back i have visited CarNation and their prices are very near to New car so instead of going to second hand i would preferred spending another lakh or 2 and get the warrenty.

Everyday i have to drive 50KMs for Office and once in 2,3 months visting native round trip 1100-1200 kms so Diesel would be more preferred.. And my Friends are advising me not to go for Second hand diesel. and once i buy i will not going to sell or disposed atleast for next 7-8 years.

Linea its very good Car. if fiat gives me 0% EMI to remaining amount then i can think of it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

but how much will be the performance difference between these 2 beauties Rapid vs linea?
    and after sales services ?
  7. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I have driven Linea as well as Rapid last month. Though I was looking for petrol, I had driven Diesel too. There is not much of difference between the two. I found Rapid to be more noisy but that may be due to the fact that the test car had almost covered 40000 Km:eek: and was due for service. Also Linea is a bigger car than Rapid.
    Please take multiple test drives of both cars by yourself and then decide. Both cars are very good and you wont be disappointed with either of them. ::T

If you are looking for second hand cars I suggest you go for 'Individual' rather than 'dealer'. As you mentioned you are a learner I think buying a used car makes more sense.
    Please check this car Used 2010 Fiat Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD [2009-2011] (S390784) for sale in Bangalore - CarWale
    Disclaimer : I am not related to the seller by any means. This is just a suggestion. You can find similar or better car at even cheaper price.

All the best to you. Please do share pictures with us of your new car.

Regards,
    Aniruddha
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Rapid is indeed noisy. No matter how many kms driven, it remains crude 1.6 TDI. But its way more peppy than a Linea, the punch of turbo once you hit 2000 rpm puts smile on your face :)

Linea on the other hand has linear power delivery and is fun to cruise on highways and might be painful in city at times.

Talk about looks, I would rate Linea to be very very pretty and elegant looking sedan than Rapid. Talk about maintenance costs, I would say Linea is too friendly on pocket when compared to Rapid. Talk about braking, Linea is completely confidence inspiring than Rapid. Suspension of Rapid is good and absorbs lot of bumps with ease just like Linea, off late the raised GC on Linea is something I personally don't like.

So the choice is yours, drive both and whichever your heart says to go for , just get it home :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

Money is not a problem now.. Just confused about performance now.

Confused between Fiat Punto 90HP vs Skoda Rapid elegance Diesel.

i have already paid a booking amount for Rapid but its not an issue they will return the whole amount. if i change my mind.
    still i'm not able to make decision Punto 90HP vs Rapid elegance diesel ?

Please some one help me making decision..
  10. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    I own Fiat Punto 90 HP, and my personal choice of owning it are answered in http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales...nto-90-hp-need-some-suggestions-comments.html, Rapid is a good car if you are driving in a good city road and also in highway (not having speed breakers or pot hols ). As 80% of my commutation is in City so handling sedan is bit cautious in B2B traffic (in case if i am in hurry and zig zig my drive to keep my car bit forward) , rest on high way and bit of village road. Higher GC is one of the criteria which i opted Punto. With lower GC on other cars most of our Speed breakers will scrub our vehical. My Alto which used to scrub the speed breakers when its loaded with more than 2 people due to its lower GC. Driven Vento for some time and its GC is not enough for my requirement and the same holds good for Rapid also.

Things which kept me away from Rapid are : Lower GC, After Sales and its service, spare costs (friends suggestions), Engine Bit noisy, Sedan (Parking space constrained in our home).