1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First 4 Wheeler

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Knool, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    Hi i'm New to this Forum, My Name Is Hassan. i'm thinking of buying my first 4 wheeler.

Requirements: Everyday Office 50 KMs, Weekend short trips and once in 2-3 Months Visiting my native round trip 1100-1200 70% on Western Ghats(hill Area).

I love both fiat vehicles Punto and linea very much after going through series of Video and Text reviews.

1. Punto reach 0-100 15+ seconds, Isn't it too slow and will this vehicle solve my purpose driving in western ghats every 2-3 months?
    2. 1st and 2nd shift is not as quick as other vehicle in its category so this may throw a challenge driving on Ghats?

3. How about Linea to my requirements (Seeking Details explanation please)?

Sedan over Hatch in Bangalore city traffic congestion i'm just afraid to think, Anybody here who is having Linea in bangalore please write your experience taking out linea in bangalore specially in 6-7pm(My Office shift start at 6:30pm peek traffic time)

Just Confused and lots of Questions as this will be my First 4 wheeler.

and my Third option is Skoda Rapid it has very good handling and comfort like Linea and good Pickup too..

Guys please help me deciding vehicles ?

All Vehicle i need diesel Varient only.

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Hassan what's your requirement ? Hatchback or a sedan ? Driving Punto on Ghats is actually fun. A lot of people here own Punto and have found no issues driving it.

Skoda Rapid is also a lovely car, the engine 1.6 TDI is a punchy engine which is fun to drive. Personally I dint like the feel of steering and brakes on Rapid when compared to Linea.

I would suggest you to take test drives of the cars back to back and then finally zero down to the car you like :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    Thanks imran writing in..

Linea is little high to reach but if its really good then i can go for it.

just thinking is it worth paying additional 2 lakhs on sedan ?
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Personally after owning a FIAT Punto 90HP, I am quite happy and never felt the need for Linea, though my plan was to buy Linea/Skoda Rapid, these were the cars my parents shortlisted too :)

Punto 90HP has the same engine that Linea has, I feel its a Linea without boot. To cut through Bangalore traffic during peak hours and to avoid parking hassles, I would suggest a hatchback over a sedan. Drive Punto 90HP on highway and you would feel its as capable as a sedan.

Good luck :thumbup:

5. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    Wow satisfactory answer,

How about skoda rapid?
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    It's a nice car but since its a Skoda, the service would come close to Rs.9000 and cost of spare parts are high.

So if you are keen on it, then enquire about the ownership costs from people who already own a rapid, I can say that most Fiat owners are happy with low maintenance cost but that's not the case with Skoda Rapid owners :)

7. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    will check, thank you again..
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The question between Linea and Punto boils down to : How important is the boot to you? Some say the Linea has more "prestige" than Punto but to me both are equally prestigious.

If a boot is important, go for the Linea. Else 90hp all the way! Punto's boot is not exactly small so you and your family can plan a nice trip. Linea's boot is in another category but along with that comes the car's bigger size.

Rapid is a good car but lacks refinement. The engine is very powerful but feels crude. Similar is the story of the ride quality.

Regarding the driveability of the Punto - you need to take a test drive. Take a LONG test drive where you can stretch it's legs and not just use 1-3 gears. Ask the TD guy to take it to some open road and give it the beans - and you will see the Punto shine. Punto first gear is pretty short - you can take off easily on an incline without any drama. For hilly driving just keep the engine revs 2500++ and enjoy the power of the Multijet.

Paper figures don't do the Punto any justice. It's not exactly built for 0-100 times.

Cheers.
    5 people like this.
  9. Knool

Knool

Bangalore
    Thank Gurjinder,
    If only boot differences then i will settle down with Punto.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Now Next step, Guys know any good Offers going on Punto in Bangalore?
    Which is the Good dealer to deal with ?
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I have both punto 76 hp and linea 93 hp MJD and have used both in Bangalore traffic ( from EC - Koramangala between 9AM-10.30 AM and back between 6.30 PM - 8.30PM). To me Linea gives you that classy feel.. Not that punto is is bad but to my eyes Sedan is much better than a hatch... (so choice is individual)

When you compare with Punto, linea gets the additional goodies
    1. Rear knee level AC vents
    2. Beige interiors ( punto is too dull due to Black & Grey combination )
    3. 16" wheel for top variant which will just hug you to the ground and the you will feel the difference in long highway drive. (i have the 15" alloys and no complaints though)
    4. Hand rest which is good for long drives ( In Bangalore traffic this is a headache. You can fix one in punto also)
    5. Electric Boot release mechanism and loads of space in the boot.

Compared to linea
    Punto gives better efficiency in peak traffic conditions only because of the lower weight
    my 2012 punto has a butter smooth clutch and behaves better than linea in peak traffic
    You can also squeeze into the tight areas without much of a fuzz

Ride quality, i feel the linea is better than punto and yes it will be like that.. both are segment apart

Punto 90Hp would be the best bargain for you as it gives the best of both the worlds. Powerful engine in a nimble and stylish hatch :)

In July they have some good offers running. In bangalore you have 3 Showrooms for fiat

Aadya Near Mekhri circle ( on the airport road)
    Fiat Caffe- KHT ( inner ring road near EGL - Domlur)
    Vecto Motors ( Singasandra Hosur Road)

All are good in terms of sales but service wise heard the KHT & Vecto may be better than Aadya. you can check on the Services sub section were you can reviews about all these showrooms.

I would suggest you touch base with all 3 and negotiate the best deal for yourself. Customer is the king.
    1 person likes this.