1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat Punto met with an accident

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by saurav, Dec 19, 2013.

1. saurav

saurav Amatore

Hi Folks,

Had visited the BodyShop yesterday. Below are a few pictures of the impact to the inner shell of the car.

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ouch,very sad to see your Punto's accident Saurav.Thank god that you & your family sitting at back is safe.Very rare i see a Fiat getting major damage at rear,i think he was in triple digit speed when he hit your car.As said by Sat surprised to see how Santro guy ranned after banging your car's back,his car would have major work than your Punto's.I wish your car would have a speedy recovery.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    From pics it is evident that he had a bull bar, thats where he could able to escape.
    1 person likes this.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    View attachment 56895

How does this come to 90k in addition to this and plastic is 50% metal would be 70-80% from insurance ?
  5. Dent is in three places in the rear cross-rail,if there was a bull bar it should have had dents at two points?
    Again bull bar wouldn't save the car in crash like this, he under-chassis would have got massive hit.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Here is sample bull bar on santro which could cause the above damage.
    images.jpg

This definitely saved Santro from the major frontal damage. I dont think this had caused any damage to the chasis.
  7. saurav

saurav Amatore

I don't know about the damages to the Santro, but i could see shatter glass pieces on the road where the impact happened.

The total estimation (including parts & labor) is hovering around 90k. Insurance would contribute approx 15-20% for metal parts and 50% for plastic. The paint job would also attract a depreciation and hence my co-payer liability would be approx 12.5%.

Additionally, they would only reimburse 1000 INR towards towing charges within city limits (1500 INR in case of out-of-city).
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Saurav, which insurance you have? why it is only 15-20% for metal?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i guess 15-20% is saurav's share. might have mentioned by mistake.

its HDFC Ergo.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  10. saurav

saurav Amatore

I have an HDFC Ergo insurance policy. As per the policy documentation, in case of damages, % depreciation applicable on metal parts for vehicles aged 2-3yrs is 15%. So, as I understand this would be my co-payer liability.

Attached is the policy documentation. Please suggest, if my understanding is wrong.

View attachment PrivateCarPolicyWording.pdf