1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat Punto met with an accident

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by saurav, Dec 19, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Mangesh, (mangesh dot kodalkar at fiat dot com) is the guy who is in charge of after sales at Fiat. he responds to customers problems more often than not.

Since you said that HDFC Ergo had cashless tie-up with the old tata-fiat SC and after enquiring about the same you would have taken the policy, only Fiat could have taken care to ensure that the new exclusive SCs do not loose their cashless tie ups in the process of going solo and could have thus avoided any future problems to Fiat owners like the one you are facing right now. Thats the reason i am asking to bring this to his notice.
    1 person likes this.
  2. saurav

saurav Amatore

That's the back panel fitted b/w rear bumper & body. This is the member which absorbs the impact. This is what my service advisor told me. Hope, I'm not being fooled :D
  3. They call it rear sil.
  4. saurav

saurav Amatore

This is very helpful sir. Would do that right away.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Did the rear glass shatter? I don't see it shattered in the images.
  6. saurav

saurav Amatore

Nope. The rear glass is intact. However it is mentioned in the parts-list. Reason being if while removal of the glass it suffers any damage, insurance can be claimed for that.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Ouchhh....

That hurts... Bad Bad Impact...

I am sure Santro must be in real bad shape...

I too had faced the same situation once... on the speed-braker I slowed down and a jerk in a Hundai Accent rear ended my car... I only had a misaligned rear bumper and his Accent's front bumper was all out and even his front grill was broken...

If you would have chased him, he must not have gone too far with leakage in coolant pipe/tank... But I can understand you must be attending and taking care of your mother and your little one.

Thank god that you all are safe and fine.

Only what surprises me is the Estimate given by FASS... 90K?? :eek:... that too, that much being damaged by a Santro? :eek:
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats quite bad. Thank God you and your family members are all ok.

Good luck for early delivery of your vehicle post repair.
    1 person likes this.
  9. saurav

saurav Amatore

Yeah! As soon as I stepped out that guy just zoomed into one of the bylanes and i rushed to the rear right door to look at my mother & kid....luckily both of them were not hurt. My son who was sleeping all this while had woken up due to the impact but wasn't crying. Infact he gave me a smile as he normally does. That was a huge sigh of relief. moreover, injuries to the cars can always be repaired but a life is more important. I don't understand when people would start realizing the limits of the vehicle they drive and more so over basic road manners. Hitting a vehicle & fleeing from the scene is the worst behavior.
    2 people like this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I'm 100% agree with you Saurav.

Though the incident happened with you was so bad but your family members are safe thats what matters a lot. :up