1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat Punto met with an accident

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by saurav, Dec 19, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sad to see the car in such damaged condition but a big heave of releif that all the occupants are hale and hearty.

Lookin at the damage, I assume that the damage to the Santro must be pretty heavy too, surprising that the driver took off the car in that damaged condition. I pray that his repair cost may be zillion times more than yours:hit. Absolutely bad driver characteristics, atleast he could have stopped apologized for the accident.:A

Did you lodge a claim with the Insurance co? When is the surveyor expected to have a look? Did you get a rought estimate of the repair cost from the workshop?

Hope to see the car back on roads after the repairs.
  2. saurav

saurav Amatore

Thanks everyone for your support.

The car was immediately towed to Vecto, thanks to Fiat RSA. They sent a Tow Vehicle within 30-45 mins of my call. The initial estimation has been done and damages are in the tune of approx 90k INR. Also, thanks to N Krishna, he has been personally following up with folks at Vecto.

Now this is where the problem starts. I have an insurance with HDFC Ergo and when it was taken all Fiat Service Centres (essentially TASS) were covered under cashless facility. Post Fiat going solo, they still don't have the tie-up in place and this translates to me paying for all the repairs and then claiming it from HDFC Ergo. Apart from the cash transaction, rest everything (including vehicle survey prior to repair & post repair, estimation) would be taken care of. I was asked by Vecto to pay approx 30k advance to commence the repair, which on request was reduced to 15k. So, would want to know from fellow TFIans if they have had such an exp with any Insurance Cos or HDFC Ergo in particular. How does it work out, how long would they take to process the claim.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The survey work has been done. Approx repair costs would be around 85-90k. Insurance would paying a major part though. But HDFC Ergo currently doesn't cover Fiat ASS under cashless facility and I would have to shell out for repairs and later claim it from them.
  3. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    @saurav - Thank God that all of you are safe (especially your son). Most of the time while breaking during speed breakers or for any other reason, i look behind to see any others are close behind me (either they are very close). during your situations its best not to slow down (For car safety and this might be scary to imagine while having kids inside the car).

Is the car parked in Hosur road service station ? , if yes : then i saw your car and felt Bad for "service might take more time than anticipated"
    &
    felt Good "only FIAT in our country or with in this budget, can take this little impact and not harming the occupants. as i had seen more than 2 incidents with other famous cars of our country, the impact went till rear seat".
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest drop an email to hdfc ergo higher ups (find some email ids from google) requesting them for cashless, citing about tata-fiat thing and also copy to mangesh kodalkar informing about this problem due to the same.
    Even if it does not happen, it would atleast help you in getting the refund fast!

- - - Merged Post - - -

in impacts like this one, i guess the metal back on the rear seat helps a lot. this metal thing is not present in most of the other cars of similar segment.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Saurav,

Checking the HDFC Ergo website for the cashless garages, one name cropped up for Fiat private cars. Check this link. The name of the workshop though does not appear in Fiat website, so tread with care.

HDFC ERGO Garage Network BANGALORE | Car Insurance BANGALORE
  6. saurav

saurav Amatore

Thanks mate. But i would stick with Fiat ASS instead of looking at private garages. With Fiat ASS, i'm atleast assured about the quality of work and hope that car gets back to its original condition.
  7. saurav

saurav Amatore

Absolutely right. Even my mom now realizes the importance of safety belts on rear seats too and swears by it for future.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very bad to hear that Saurabh, at the same time glad that all occupants are safe.
    Seriously it was a big impact how could the santro drive away???

90K??is it because you are claiming the insurance?
    Hope they are replacing the boot door and not repairing.
  9. saurav

saurav Amatore

Yeah all the parts, which have had an impact, are being replaced. Here's a break-up of the same.

repair estimation _ parts.png

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yeah, would be doing that today. Btw, could you please tell me who is 'Mangesh' and what help can i expect from him?

repair estimation _ parts.png
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks OK. What is metal covering? Item # 11, part # 59089816. I am unable to find that in ePer.

Rajan