1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat Punto met with an accident

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by saurav, Dec 19, 2013.

1. saurav

saurav Amatore

This happened here in Bangalore last Sunday around 10pm. I was returning home from a relative's place. Had just come down from the Jayadeva Flyover, towards BTM side, and slowed down to cross the 1st speed-breaker (there are 2 of them). As the car rolled over the speed-breaker, there was a loud thud and i felt a very strong jerk. Next second, I realized that my car had been hit. Stopped the car and walked out to assess the damage. To my surprise, this idiot Santro driver who had just hit my car, instead of stopping & owning his mistake simply sped away and due to darkness I couldn't even note his no.

Now coming to the occupants, my 3month old son, my mother & wife, all are absolutely safe. I was really concerned about my mother & son who were seated in the rear seat. But, both of them are absolutely fine. The car's crumble zone had done their job and absorbed all the impact, thus ensuring that all occupants were absolutely safe & sound.

Here are a few pics of the car.

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. Thank gid you and your family members are safe.i am surprised with extant of damage.Also suprised thet Santro guy coukd drive his car.
    I guess his engine would have sized after few kms.
    2 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    saurav, bad to see the damage on your punto! did the repair work start?

even in my punto the rear passengers hardly ever wear seatbelts in the city and i do not insist always. With the current traffic situation, I guess all of us should make it a practice to make rear passengers also wear seat belts. also all of us should start using child seat for babies/kids
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank God ..you all are safe..thanks to Punto build too. Wishing your punto can be back in shape soon .
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Damn that driver. Was he drinking and driving or was really hurrying some where and not noticed the car ahead. Glad all of you are safe. The damage looks bad. Its a heart break too see her in this state. If possible just best to throw a big stone on their car when they try to run away. :firey
    Sorry for the damage mate. Hope she recovers faster.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Saurav - Though you had sent me a PM about the accident, I did not expect to see such a major damage. Glad that all are safe and no injuries.

Rajan
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This seems to be a very bad impact. As Raghu said, I wonder how the Santro survived the incident, to be driven away.

I always make it a habit to watch my RVM whenever am braking. This helps in most situations, a proactive approach, if you may. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Saurav

Good to know family is safe and doing fine. Very sad to hear about accident. Where is the vehicle now ? any estimates given
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    His car is at Vecto. anyone having contacts there might want to help him in avoiding any unwanted delays
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank god all the family members are safe, especially your 3 months old son and your mother.

Such drivers/citizens who run away from the accident spot are so careless and dont even bother to look what happened because of their mistake. These are shameless creatures.
    1 person likes this.