1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My FIAT LINEA!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by saharsh, Nov 16, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Congrats Saharsh. True to Hindi movie style, your story becomes great after the intermission. Congrats on your Italian beauty. Do the beauty some justice with some higher res pictures.
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    UPDATE: on 29th october

We were on a vacation trip to Goa from Pune. For the initial 6 days the Linea was working excellent however while returning from a long trip within goa , we found a typical problem of Very hard Gear shifting. We were not aware how this started all of a sudden , however we were lucky that it happened just near the Resort where we were staying. We got a mechanic from near by garage however he said that the Clutch slip Cylinder has leaked and hence this need to be replaced but we cant replace it as the spares are not available with them. Than we got in touch with Fiat toll free customer care number and located the Goa Fiat dealer who sent a mechanic next day morning for the replacement. After replacement we had a test drive and found the vehicle running fine and than started for Pune. However after around 20 kms from Goa the same Gear shifting started giving problem however it was manageable. By the time we crossed the Ghat and reached near Belgaun the Gears were Rock hard to shift and we were again in problem. We stopped the vehicle and checked the Gear Oil which was full , that means the leaking was not taking place fortunately. We called up our local pune Service person and he told that while changing the Clutch cylinder the mechanic has not performed " Bleeding" , which means removal of Air and hence this is happening. The nearest Fiat service station was in Kolhapur which was 120 kms away from Belgaun as tolled by Fiat toll free customer care. The Stupid Customer Care was really careless and did not tell us that in Belgaun itself there is a Tata Service Center . As we were scared and loosing all the hopes while driving the vehicle at risk we suddenly saw Tata Fiat showroom and Service center in Belgaun ......!!!!!! Wowwwwwwwwwww .. God really helped us. Nothing to say more , the people at Tata service Center were so helpful.. they took the vehicle inside and in 10 mins the Linea was again ready to fly on the road. What a tough and reliable vehicle...
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    UPDATE: on 9 january.

My fiat linea again gave a problem of clutch. but this time it was different.

Today when i was driving my fiat linea in our campus, i was in 1 st gear, so i changed to 2nd and then, suddenly the clutch didnt came back. and there was a sound like dhuk... somehow i managed to come home as i was in the campus. I talked to mr- Babar who works in pandit automobile. he gave me the toll-free helpline number of fiat. he said he will senda person to repair it tommorow at 9:30 AM. overall i am not sad by the car because the service is outstanding.

Thumbs up to fiat !!!!!
  4. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    UPDATE: on 10 january ' 11

Today the person came and repaired the car. he said many owners are complainting about this. this was the second time that the clutch slip cylinder has leaked. which caused clutch failure.he also said they are building a clutch cylinder made up of aluminium and hence will come next month in indian shores from france. he has also told us to come to pandit automobile to change it next month. they have also put a different type of cylinder which cause clutch v.v. light. they said it will work for next 6 to 8 months but we will change the cylinder with the aluminium one next month.
    the service of fiat is outstanding!! its just amazing!!
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    hi guys! another update.

The car's clutch slip cylinder again leaked and failed yesterday. and what, in the middle of the road! clutch was again stuck inside. car was not starting. and the service center called pandit automotives was also closed. all the towers were closed because of id. we called up an jeep from our campus. it started pulling vehicle and somehow we reached us. I gave a good lecture to fiat about the car's reliability and scared them by saying that i am dragging fiat to court. the were badly scared and started appolagising to me. they said they will send a guy tommorow with the new alluminium clutch slip cylinder. so today, my car got repaired and now the gears are so smooth... they also told me about the replacement of AC. so immideatly booked a appointmet of 9 march.
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    saharsh I appreciate your patience really..

But nice to hear that you are satisfied. Happy Motoring... :redcar
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    thanx buddy ::D
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Can we physically check if we r havin the plastic or the aluminium csc ????
    Mine was replaced twice - both times replcaed with the plastic one only ... Dont know which one I m driving with !!!!

Dilip
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    good for fiat that the customers are taking the clutch problem lightly. in my view this is a big issue and our cars are not at all reliable if such problems are faced. linea is around 2 yrs old in the market and they get a metal clutch after so long. i dont find any reason to cheer fiat for this.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    I think you should take it to the service center. ::O