1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My FIAT LINEA!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by saharsh, Nov 16, 2010.

1. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    PART-1

It all started in april 2009. my father and me were searching a used car for rs-4-5 lakhs. then came the may 2009. one day my father and me were
    taking a cup of tea with reading a newspaper. we saw a ad of Tata Safari so much !. my father and me both liked. so we decided to go to showroom and have a look at it. we just loved the looks! with great interiors and meaty tyres! we loved it! :) but then, we saw two hot italion beauties ! and you all know, it was Fiat Linea, Fiat Grande Punto. we had a look at both, we liked the linea. but then father said " Linea is out of budget, forget it" with heavy heart we left the showroom.

PART 1 ENDS

regards
    saharsh.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From 4-5 Laksh budget to Linea, looks interesting story.
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    First congrates!!!!
    2nd plz post PART2 at the earliest
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    The intermission is too long saharsh. Let us know the details about the Monica Belluci in your life :D
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Haha,Kaps,you should have specified it as the LATEST Monica belluci!!!,if only his father reads??!!!!!
  6. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    will post the second part tommorow.
    regards
    saharsh.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    sorry for the loooooooooooooong intermission. :hit

PART - 2 ( THE CARS IN THE BUDGET)

1-Fiat Grande Punto

2-Hyundai I20

3-Chevorlet Aveo

4-Mahindra Xylo lower version

5-Mahindra Scorpio also the lower version.

6-Maruti SX4 the VXI version.

7- Maruti Swift Dzire VDI version.

TEST DRIVE INTIAL REPORTS.

1- Punto- car looked awesome. interiors were average but exterior,interior,perfomance,refinement and built quality.. Punto has it all. :dancing

2-I20- it was an average car. it was faster in 0 to 100 timings but was slow in midrange timings. also the interiors were having the best quality but lacks the flair of its compititors.

3- Chevorlet aveo isnt a drivers car. but surely will keep you smiling because of the interiors,built quality and the dynamics. liked it.

4-Mahindra Xylo- nothing to write about. a super boring car.interiors,exteriros,tyres, nothing exited us.:mad:

5-Mahindra Scorpio- after getting a feel of another mahindra car, we dont even TD it!

6- Maruti SX4- men are back. but i dont feel so? perfomance was just ok. very bad in midrange but good in 0 to 100. interiors were classy but the car looks like a WADA PAV!! :thumbs down

7- Maruti Swift Dzire- againg nothing to write about. engine was a bit noisy. interior lacks exitement and the perfomance was also not that strong.

so the cars that we liked were- Punto , Aveo and SX4.

PART-3 ENDS.
    Will post the third part tommorow.
    regards,
    saharsh.
  8. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    PART 3 (a surprise!)

in july 2009 we had every car in 6 lakhs. but only punto and aveo exited us. one day i was in the internet and surprise!!!!! father entered the house and told me that our budget was streched to 9 lakhs!! :dance :dancing .it was because some financial profit!
    laxmi ma ki jai ho!

now its the time to find more cars. :drinks

the cars now in the budget were the following.

1- honda city

2- fiat linea :clapping

3- tata safari ex version.

4- hyundai verna.

now the results.

1- honda city- was amazed by the perfomance but the interiors and tyres were not good. an also the exteriors were not exiting.

2- fiat linea- diesel was a bit sluggish but the petrol was great. features vis-a-vis compititors were exellent. interiros were ok . not that good.

3- hyundai verna- diesel was shatteringly quick. but the petrol engine, handling, interiors didnt impressed us.

4- tata safari- great interiors, great perfomance and classy looks but doesnt have features.

PART 3 ENDS.
    regards,
    saharsh.
  9. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Mods Note - Duplicate post, deleted.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    PART 4 (booking of the linea)

so it was sepetember and still we were finding a good car. it was 19 of september when we decided to book fiat linea! :dancing

the andvantages of the car were following.

1- unbeatable looks.
    2-great ride quality.
    3-good perfomance.
    4- great handling and breaking.

disadvantages

1-it is too long.
    2-car was not that spacious.
    3-fit and finishing was very average.

otherwise the car is a real gem!