1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my fiat linea 1.3 emotion turbo charger issues

Discussion in 'Linea' started by lina fan, Apr 5, 2016.

1. lina fan

lina fan Timido

mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Friends

I own 2011 Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion pack it has clocked 42000 km. No issues as such I am very satisfied with the tank like feel whenever I cruise at 120 km + on highway. In the month of JAN 2016 while going to Surat I was driving at high speed and there was no chance for me to apply brakes or avoid a medium size boulder fallen on the road (some idiot truck wallah) I took the car over it and bang It exactly went in the slot of engine protection tray and there goes my oil. A warning came on the display that oil pressure is low. I stopped the car and called my friend. Luckily he had a known garage which was about 10 kms away. I decided to go there and drove very slowly and reached there. The guy tool 2 hours to open up the bottom and told me that the connector of fuel pump is broken due to the impact. Next thing he managed the original piece and whole damn thing was closed again. I came back to Mumbai. Drove almost 5000 km after the incident. All is well but some how I feel that there is slight lack in the punch. Showed to service center guy and told him all. He cleaned the air filter. Took engine check through that machine (mounted on steering) and said nothing unusual. I drove another 1000 km. Again went to service center. Now he says turbo is gone. I said boss no black smoke. No sound from turbo. All I feel is a bit lack of punch. He said turbo failed because i drove without oil. I said I drove only 10 km and that too very slow. But he says turbo issue. I am not sure as it will cost me a bomb. Should I continue with what I have rather solving it. As such no issues except a bit lack of punch or is it some weird thought stuck in my mind? Please help.

Mod Note: SMS language is a ridiculous way of posting and do not type like this....... This causes inconvenience to forum readers. Please refer to the rules here and abide by it. Any such posts in future will be deleted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  2. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @lina Fina

I would suggest to consult a fng as it would be really hard to comment on anything reading your post.
    But don't go blind foldedly by Fass suggestions IMHO

Vicky
  3. lina fan

lina fan Timido

mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    ok..thanx