1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The clear coat was oversprayed on the front windows and the roof.

If they had removed the mirror, I will be even more pissed off for keeping the car next to another undergoing clear coat and getting over sprayed.

Either ways, the effect of over spray has been minimized to a good extent. It will take another round of clay rubbing to get rid off it completely

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    What if it could be a paint job defect from the factory itself? I have similar defect in the left side runner of my BNW Punto. Also the left C-pillar and the front roof top aren't smoothly finished. Can feel the roughness with hand. I have updated Fiat about this quality check lapse. They have acknowledged the same and said the quality check process is getting revamped. Will be getting them fixed during my 2nd service (15K).

No doubt Fiat India makes good cars, but is nowhere nearer to it's competitors when it comes to paint quality (even panel gaps etc,.). Bad that every car manufacturer takes Indian customers for granted.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Mohan, good to hear about good experince on your 3M HSR visit.
    Clear coat issue just shows the carelessness of the dealer :(

By the way i saw your Punto and White Line (i guess nkrishnaps) near Victoria Road around 4:30PM

I was going on to Victoria road/Richmond road and you guys took a right before entering Victoria road :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yep, it was us returning from 3M HSR. We took right towards trinity circle only to end up in a massive traffic jam near Indian Express.
  5. pramodh_19

pramodh_19

Bangalore
    Hi Mohan,

I am new to TFI and i'm planning to buy a punto soon. I am in real fix whether to buy the 1.3 MJD Emotion 75hp variant or the 90hp one. There is a significant amount of price between the two, around 40k. Also, you mentioned in your first post that the on road price of your car was 8,66,102 and you got an additional discounts and freebies worth 41.5k. So, could you please let me know the actual on road price and the price after discounts and freebies? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    I have PM'ed you my phone number along with other details, Please feel free to call me for any other clarification...

- - - Merged Post - - -

You can meet us i.e., me and nkrishnap at 3m hsr for all the weekends to come... Most of the morning looked like a Fiat 3m car care most of the cars being puntos and lineas.. with karthikK almighty T-JET and his red rocket making their presence felt... along with crazy driver's punto which was later joined by another Gold T-JET...
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thats a good idea, let me know when is the next visit and i will try to make it there :)
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    1500 kms Update....

THE BEAST UNLEASED.....

So until now its just been boring drives to bumper-bumper traffic to office and back except on drive to Kanva reserviour.. This week a small plan was made to go to one my mothers hometown close by to Chitoor, AP. Leave applied and sanctioned... We set off yesterday at 12 noon it was a 150 kms journey one way.. in the back off my mind i had to not cross 90 kmph as its just 1000kms old.. but heart wanted to see wat this 90 hp can really do... journey to the hometown was somewhat hampered with heavy rains ... so speeds were less 80-90 kms.. it rained almost throughout the drive.. F.E at teh end of the journey 18.9kmpl.... But the engine feels stressed at speeds after 90kmph.. so stuck to the speed with the engine felt relaxed and happy i.e. 2000 rpm mark 90 kmph...

THE FUN PART :

This was today afternoon on the way back... clear skys.. dry smooth roads... Just perfect, set off at 12 noon again... was not pushing it until half way a swift overtook me n there was eye - contact.. n ahead way an empty 1.5 km stretch arrow straight road so decided.. enough is enough... slowly floored it, and man was i taken back.. 160 and not a wobble left go of the steering to see if it puuls to either side... NO it didn't and the swift was history he was doing 130kmph.. overtook it with ease and jsut kept going ... i cant wait for the engine to free up more .. waiting to be done with 1st service.... the odo stands present at 1542kms.. F.E at the end of the trip 18.9kmpl... avg speed 64kmph.. Signing off for now will update a lil later.... cheers!!
    3 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can definitely do the higher speeds, but just that dont do it for long periods of time. Keep varying the speeds and the MJD will set in very very soon. Do not try the leaving hands from the steering at the speeds you mentioned. If something goes wrong, you will not have time to get back the control of the car.

The more you drive, the more you will fall in love with the FIAT.
    2 people like this.
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    It was jus momentary.. hands were just over the wheel like a finger distance away.. just to see if there was any steering wobble with no hands on.. Thts it...

My sister's words.. in the journey back home.. " I have not seen so many vehicles overtake u like this before, You must really love this car to be so patient till ur 1st service. This 1st service has ur hands tied." :evilsmile
    2 people like this.