1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yeah heard about HSR branch from nkrishnap.. He is visiting for the underbody coat inspection so m tagging along..

So will get it done that time..
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    20130417_185708.jpg

999 kms Update - Luckily was at a signal to manage a snap of the odo.. its currenty reads 1005 kms ...

And i must say.. i am in love with the decision to fight it out with my dad to get the car home... Has delighted me ever since the day i got it and it jus impresses me more n more..

2nd refill was done at 1002 kms.. FE - 13.2kmpl courtesy the highway drive to Kanva Reservoir... TFI bangalore meet... Avg Speed 21 kmph...

Will be there at 3m HSR this weekend getting the Paint sealant done along with nkrishnap... Cant wait... leaving the car dirty until the 3m treatment.. Jopasu duster excluded...
    2 people like this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Just a tip, fill shell diesel once and notice the engine behaviour. Am totally impressed with the quality of fuel shell maintains, tad bit expensive but worth it man.

Now the engine of my 90HP revs up to 4000 with ease in 3rd gear clocking 90km/hr :D tested it on my way back home today !!!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This is the hurdle for FIAT too in convincing the buyer to plonk his money. Once they do, its a relationship in the making for a long time to come. Even with the palio troubles both my parents were happy with me Choosing FIAT again, reason, they feel the sense of safety in a FIAT which they did not get in the Liva I had earlier.

The FE till 2500-3000 kms will be a bit less, it then slows improves as the kms are piled on. The initial reading in city that I got is 12.xx, now it has stabilized around 13.5 to 14.5 kmpl depending on traffic.

By the way did you reset all the trip meters after taking delivery? Do reset one of the trip meters during the refills to calculate the FE.

Anyways the car will be washed for the paint sealant so why burn calories to wash it now :p. I am planning to get the interiors cleaned up too.

Shell diesel is priced at 61 and the regular pumps are retailing at 53.10. So a good 7.9 rupees difference. The benefit you get from Shell is quality, quantity and refinement. No noticeable improvement in mileage though. But the cost difference is not worthy enough to do refills at shell. I will stick to Shell once the difference is less than 1.5 bucks.
    2 people like this.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    By the way did you reset all the trip meters after taking delivery? Do reset one of the trip meters during the refills to calculate the FE.

Yes sir,
    i reset the odo meter after the 1st refill that was immediately after delivery and did the same again after the 2nd refill yesterday.. Drive to the office this morning shows me an FE of 13.8kmpl highest shown till date.. i am xpecting it to go down anyways in the evening drive back home cause the traffic is relatively less in the mornings.

Anyways the car will be washed for the paint sealant so why burn calories to wash it now :razz:. I am planning to get the interiors cleaned up too.

I got up to see the car clean, my mom just doesn listen to me to leave the car alone

Shell diesel is priced at 61 and the regular pumps are retailing at 53.10. So a good 7.9 rupees difference. The benefit you get from Shell is quality, quantity and refinement. No noticeable improvement in mileage though. But the cost difference is not worthy enough to do refills at shell. I will stick to Shell once the difference is less than 1.5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yes.. i agree with you on shell diesel.. nkrishnap :)
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Mohan, Congratulation on the 1K mark :)

Shell diesel is not considerable at the current price points.
    What else are you getting done at 3M HSR apart from pait selant and when are you planing to go there?
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Just the paint sealant for now.. almost month end so low on Vitamin M.. was thinking of getting that carbon fibre vinyl for the door pillars and the wiper bay cover... i will be at 3m HSR tomo morning by 9:30

- - - Merged Post - - -

8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If Vitamin M permits go for the CF wrap. Though a bit pricey than the JC road stuff, it does offer quality and durability.

Dont worry mate, sooner or later that is gonna happen. One the Fiat bug bites him, he will for sure ensure you will not get the keys in your hands as he will be busy doing rounds in it :)
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Congrats Mohan on the purchase.. Happy Puntoinggg.. :)
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi guys,

What a day i must say... Met amazing people and saw beautiful vehicles at 3m HSR..

BIG SHOUT OUT FOR Mr. Sidhu.... wonderful person with gr8 work ethics... will be there every weekend henceforth... despite it being 17 kms from home..

OK.. This is how the day unfolded... Got up at 8:30 and left home expecting to meet a lot of auto-enthusiasts and a good day... reached 3m HSR at 9:15am and saw nkrishnap's linea already there near the shop... meet Sidhu and his colleague who had just opened the store and getting everything sorted out before the started any work...

I Opted for the Paint sealant and Carbon Fibre wrap for the day as Vitamin M was a bit low cos it being month end... in the meantime we were joined by a T-JET and a punto.. was a small team fiat meet

Here are a few pics of the entire process:

The car keeps prepd with a body wash -

20130420_095600.jpg

Then the foam keeps sprayed

20130420_100001.jpg 20130420_100029.jpg 20130420_100043.jpg

Then the clayin and the machine polish process..

20130420_114825.jpg 20130420_120514.jpg

These are the pics of the Carbon Fibre wraps applied

20130420_123756.jpg 20130420_173829.jpg 20130420_173838.jpg

This the end result

20130420_124916.jpg 20130420_154200.jpg 20130420_173829.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ok... This is for the sad part of the day...

While the claying process was carried out one of the boys claying the roof brought to out notice this clear coat spray dots all over the roof and the front door windows.. and all of us there were shocked to see a brand new car with such a careless paint job finish..

Let me elaborate this a bit more... As i have mentioned in this thread of mine in the 1st pages, the car came with red mirrors and since i didn want it and didn like it i told the sales rep to get it body coloured and he agreed... this brings me to this day... i was told by Mr. Suresh Kumar that the mirrors have been removed and gone for paint in one of my pre delivery talks to him... but the messy clear coat spray on the roof and the front door windows tell a different story... If i knew that this was the paint JOB they do with such carelessness i wouldn't have changed the mirror colours... Please do a Decent job when you guys promise or agree for such changes pre delivery...

nkrishnap took it upon himself and called the manager i think immediately....

Such things are truely disappointing...
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.