1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yeah i reset the trip meter, and yes its 9.3 l/100.. am i reading the whole thing wrong?

- - - Merged Post - - -

so its for every 100kms its consuming 9.3 ltr so the mileage is 10.75 ??

- - - Merged Post - - -

my home is near ramiah and my office is in kalyani magnum IT park in J P nagar 7th phase, so i take the mekhri circle-chalukya-cubbonpark-doubleroad-ashoka pillar-jaynagar route its 18kms one way.. mostly in 2 and 3rd gear.. avg. speed 15km
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Initially even my car used to the same figures 9.8 km/l until I clocked 500+ kms.

Now that its driven 2800 kms, the figures are 12.5 km/l as I travel from J.P Nagar 7th phase to Manyata tech park Hebbal during peak traffic hours daily.

I guess on average you could expect 13-15 km/l in peak traffic.

Hope you are enjoying the ride and handling of the car.

Drive safe :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Dude,

We are traveling exact opposite directions to work and home everyday. my office is in Kalyani magnum IT park in 7th phase and i stay near hebbal.. yeah the avg. fuel consumption shows 9.1 l/100 just was keeping a close eye on it in my way to work today morning...
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Haha lets swap our jobs then ;)

also, please go to settings using the menu button, you will find an option "Units", change the unit "l/100" to "km/l" and see whats the reading. I am sure, Average consumption will increase once you clock 1000+ kms on the ODO.

Enjoy your ride :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Thanks i will change the units asap, I havent gone through the Manual till date except just glance through it. Tomo's to do list is sit with the manual & get thorough with the MID etc.. P.S. Happy Weekend
  6. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hey everyone,

Just finished 500 kms yesterday, went in for the second Re-fill at 502 kms. 37.73 ltrs was put in.. The low fuel light started to glow n the range was showing me 51kms.. the car is very nice to drive now than initially.. Dont know if its because i am used to it more now, But there is a definite change, ride is settled down, Gearbox much smoother, very happy with the choice made :) Havent taken on a open highway yet, will do very soon.

One thing i should like to mention is that in the past week or so while commuting to office and back home, People in say i20's, polos small cars and also sedans etc, get intimidated by my car and they accelerate harder or do something to get my attention. Which makes me grim even more cos its my car thts making them noxious... guess the 90 hp tag at the back is doing its job !!

- - - Merged Post - - -

FE until the 2nd refill was 10.9 kmpl..
    2 people like this.
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hey guys,

Needed a bit of advise, as i stay just a stones throw away from this 3m car care in RMV extension, i was just wondering whether or not to go for the 3m car paint sealant, its quoted at 3290/- + tax.

was explained it was a 5 hour process.. my car is BNW shade.. Can anyone tell me if i should be getting it done...
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I would recommend you to go ahead and get it done before rainy season starts.

I am planning to do it too, next month :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Mohan, Paint sealant is a good one to get done. It will keep your cars color protected for longer than normal.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Please get it done, protects the car much. I would recommend the HSR branch though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.