1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Apologies for forgetting your name.. Looking forward to catching up again pretty soon !

Cheers!
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    The Odo reads close to 7900 kms as of today and have made up my mind to go for a remap after i finish 10,000 kms... Keep an eye out on this thread if i get the remap done next week :p Never know..
    2 people like this.
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Logged in after a long time...
    General update the odo is now 11,500kms with 70% city and 30% highways.
    No problems with the car whatsoever. Awaiting 2nd service by next month.
    all is well and hope to log in here more often.

Cheers !
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Been a long time that i have posted in TFI.. Good to be back..

New year wishes to one n all... Hope all you have a wonderful year ahead !!

Been to nagarhole on the 1st of jan, 2014 - Odo now reads 13,600 kms closing down on the 2nd service, aim to get it serviced in the first week of feb.

Issues - Windshield washers has gone dead , Rear door rattle has creeped in. Other than these two issues, Car is been problem free.

Here are a few pics of the car from a recent wash visit...

WP_20131222_002.jpg

WP_20131222_006.jpg

WP_20131222_008.jpg

WP_20131222_009.jpg

WP_20131222_012.jpg
    4 people like this.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    First of all apologies for being offline for a long long time...

Updates regarding the car -

Its done 30,000 kms as of today, got the third service done at around 28k odo mark. Its been a long time and so i dont know from where to start about the mods done on the car since my absence here.

1. Got the car remapped by Pete's Automotive - The torque wave in btw gears 3 - 5 is such a joy when on highways / city roads during overtakes and slow moving traffic. This is by far the best investment on the car yet, you have to drive and feel the difference a remap does to your car - PERIOD!

2. Having driven a lot of cars on BILSTEIN suspension setups got me thinking what it would do to my Punto, So went ahead and got myself BILSTEIN B6s. Initially i have changes only the front two shocks to Bilstein and running stock setup in the rear.

Here is a pic of the Bilsteins in the front (the knicks and paint peel is because the pics were taken almost after 5k kms usage)

IMG_20150226_112735.jpg

One more pic from a distance.

IMG_20150227_133013.jpg

The change has taken the handling and steering feedback part of it to another level altogether. The confidence under heavy/high speed braking or corner is just explainable. However, the broken roads in bangalore can be felt even better now so city / broken roads you cant carry speed like the stock setup. The rear shocks i will change during this week and update how it goes. i didn't change it initially to check the difference it will make to the rear seat comfort level, if it get any harsher i can always get back to installing the stock rear setup.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    nkrishnap likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Its high time you get some better rubber. The Apollo Accelere does not do any justice to the remap as well as the Bilsteins. Chuck them out ASAP :)
    Mohankv likes this.
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yes. I Agree about the acceleres being the weak point, will be changing the tyres as soon as i get my next paycheck

The tyres are on their last hurrah as it is at the moment.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015