1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Mohan,
    Tried PMing you, your inbox is full. Clean up pal ;)
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    DONE!! Just deleted everything..!!

As usual had been to 3m HSR layout for catchin up and it was a mini fiat meet yet again...

nkrishnap has come back from his 7200kms trip to kargil and didn look to be a bit tired as he jus got back yesterday...

after a while rohith and a new 90 hp owner Vikram was there to get it car saint pealant and underbody coating done... after looking at my car opted for PPF for door edges as well

and later raj29 also joined us... 3 lineas and 2 punto 90 hp were in the premises

20130810_144010.jpg
    One more pic..
    20130810_144018.jpg

Later when we were heading back home.. bought myself a tech wax from 3m and washed and waxed my car in the evening...

This started at 6 pm and i just finished 10 mins back..

20130810_193647.jpg

The rear view

20130810_193509.jpg

The front view

20130810_193542.jpg

20130810_193518.jpg

Looking at the lustre and shine.. 2 hours well spent :)
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try Duragloss bro.you will forget 3M.i don't have shade parking all time outside.even though dirt whatever just one wash back to mirror finish.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Mohan,
    Damn i missed meeting the guys :uh

Btw care to write a bit about your todays detailing please? Did you wash with a shampoo? I am still finding which shampoo to use. Steps of your todays detailing would be good i guess :)
    Your detailing looks very nice.

Recently me 2 did detailed by car with Optimum Wash and Wax. 2 hours was OK but not fully satisfied. It could not remove hard stains like the unburnt oil, etc. So i am looking for a good shampoo now. All over ebay, it all says Wash and Wax :A
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No car wash shampoo is good enough to remove oil stains or even dried insect hits.

Use a strong detergent like Surf with water to clean the underbody, running board, bottom of the doors and wheels/wheel wells. Give them a rinse and later proceed with your MF cloth and any car shampoo to the body of the car.

I use Meguiars NXT and Amway car shampoos. Both are good. Stay away from wash+wax shampoos. They are not ideal for the windscreen. Instead use a liquid spray wax. I use Eagle one wax as u dry liquid wax. While the car is washed and still wet, just spray once for each panel. Allow it to sit for 10 mins and buff with a MF cloth. Do this once a month and you do not need 3M for a while.

Mohan, sorry for hijacking your thread for detailing advice. :)
    2 people like this.
  6. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    No problems...

i use amway car shampoo as well.. 1st use the water pressure from a pipe to get rid of dirt and rubble of the body and then use the shampoo..

For the glasses i use glass cleaner used for home purposes...

Tyres and alloys are a pain.. so i take help of a maid to take care that they stick to only alloys and tyres...

Then wax panel by panel in the end...
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    One final thing i want to get done in my 90hp is get it ICE'D...

The stock company speakers are just useless n a little higher volume can hear them jar...
    So, gathering all the information needed to get everything changed...

the components will most probably we ARC or CERWIN..
    Wiring, 3m dampening, amplifier, and a sub

Doing away the headunit will open a lot of options for this upgrade but will be retaining it for blu n me functionality.

Will be u guys posted on this upgrade.. R&D is progress n might be done in the coming week or so

Advice on the same always welcome...
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You ended up buying the Wax and did the waxing for the car. So what happened to your Gym session. Are we meeting up with Beda's Tjet today?
  9. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    I went to the gym also after tht sir :p

I am trying to reach him he is not answering..

I will call u once i get to speak to him..
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    This weekend will be getting my car ICE'D

The components in mind :

SPL or ARC component 6.5 inch front

Co-Axial Cerwin vega speakers for the rear

ARC amplifier

Cerwin WEga 10 inch Sub woofer

Crossovers and RC converter if necessary...