1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ahh... this is what i pointed in my earlier post :)
    nice to see that problem resolved.
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    REMAP/TUNING BOX in my mind... R&D in progress...

This car has so more potential... So going at all the options to do something abt it...

Only thing bothersome - i have just finished run in period... with the odo at 3450 kms...

Thinking of going for this after 1st service changing the oil and oil filter...
  3. Honestly buddy this is too early for your car...Whats the hurry?? Better to drive your car for atleast 30k kms, let the engine open up then you can go for performance mods.engine is the heart of a car, when the heart is so healthy why put a pacemaker?
    Just an opinion, sorry if I have offended you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yes!! i share the same thought as you!! But , i just wonder sometimes how much more fun i can have and thoughts like that....

But 30k kms is ages away.. But i know its too early... will hold this thought for atleast 15k kms and think about it then !!

Cheers!!
  5. Sounds good..maybe if you are going for tuning boxes it should be fine, but stay away from remap atleast for 30k kms..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Hi Guys,

A very small chip has come off from the metal just below the front left door on the frame and I need an advice on how to prevent rusting at this point with the monsoons currently on. Do I try the tried and trusted Anti Corrosion solution that normally we apply on the Bike Rims ? Will it work for Cars as well ?

Need a solution.

Cheers !
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hold on till at least 20k that way you would have already got a lot of inputs about how your car drives under many conditions.

waiting till 20k is not only for the engine to run in and open up but also for the owner to see where are the exact points he would like things to be better.
    There will be some small criteria that you will come up with that will make the biggest difference.
    Secondly, look at remap as a way to better the whole driving experience than to do a quarter mile drag that way you can tune your car exactly to hit the sweet spots regularly and you will thoroughly enjoy.
    1 person likes this.
  8. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi mohankv, Mine is Punto 2011 model. Recently i could see this airbag failure message couple of times in MID before two/three months. When I asked TASS, they said it might be due to battery going weak. However this message did not reappear after that.

From last two days, I have again seen this message in MID.

Now my doubt is how this problem was diagnosed with faulty combi switch? Did they carry out any test in order to support this diagnosis? I am quite reluctant to get jobs like opening steering column and refitting them from TASS. Did they charge any labour ?
    1 person likes this.
  9. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hey, Sorry been busy from a couple of days so couldn log in - See my problem started with the error message popping up only if the sterring wheel was turned full circle either to the right or the left and also occasionally the horn not working every now and then, Took it to vecto motors and suresh had a few minutes turning the wheel either side and concluded it was faulty combi switch,... No Labour was charged as my car is 2 and half months old and the part was repalced under warranty.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Been Quite some time since i logged in TFI, Hope all good... cheers!!
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Long time since i have updated my ownership thread:

The car odo nows stands at 4365 kms, getting ready for the 1st service on 20th july which i have booked with vecto motors a few week ago.

Along with the top ups and general 1st free service check up will be changing the oil and oil filter for my own upkeep reasons.

No other niggles or issues with the car.. it is super smooth and fun every passing day as i have finally got the right tyre pressure for the ride after a lot of trail and error. PSI - 33 nitrogen

Waiting eagerly to get done with the 1st service.

Cheers!!
    1 person likes this.