1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi all,

i just wanted to update and share this extra information about the airbag failure message in the MID, This is happening only when i take a tight right turn (meaning when the steering wheel does more than a full circle during a right turn). Otherwise the message and that airbag symbol does not show..

However i booked for service at vecto motors on tuesday for today at 2-3pm... But as there was no confirmation from their side since the time i booked, i didn go to the service center..
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Bro i think there is some problem with the sensors. Pls ask FASS to check.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi all,

Finally the day that my dad got this hands on my car has come.. His skoda is at the service station so i dropped myself at work and he drove away..

Kept reminding him that there is not a scratch yet and please be very careful...
    M worried about my car, waiting for him come and drop it off.. Anxiously:eek:
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    my dad had no complaints about the car :eek: He is such a critic when it comes to everything u guys have no idea.. Man he must like this car, Other than him mentioning to me about the Airbag failure message appearing everytime he took a tight turn and asked me to get it fixed.. he didn have anything to say.. !! i still cant get over the fact he didn complain about anything.. Let me remind you all why i am so happy about this .

i had fought with him to get a fiat punto home for over 2 weeks post which we hardly spoke and even though i got the car a good two and a half months back he till today never sat in my car !!
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Looks like your dad likes the punto on first drive :)

By the way am at Vecto right now
  6. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    What an Eventful Day today has been...

1stly went to Vecto motors in the morning around 11 am to get the airbag issue sorted out and man looking at the number of cars Vecto motors are dealing with at the moment the do deserve their due credit.

Big shout out for vecto for dealing with all the burden of being a sole service center at the moment..

Now i had informed Suresh about me going there and he promptly said please head over and we will check the issue and after a max of 20 mins waiting and spending time with raj29 who was also there to get some suspension issue sorted out, Suresh met me and Surendra as soon as i told him abt the issue headed to the spares room to show me the steering column n sensor and tols me this might be faulty and we headed over to my car and it turned out that was the culprit and since linea columns were in stock the order for a punto column was placed and will be replaced under warrranty as soon as they receive the part.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Now car issue sorted out. Me and raj29 told a drive in my car so that he assesses the ride and feel of my car to see if there is any difference and he said no issues all seems fine..

So after dropping raj29 back to the service center headed over to the usual hangout the infamous 3M HSR n i was soon joined by nkrishnap to be later joined by imranhks who came over to get the paint sealant done.. and with Gautam's linea and karthiKK's punto joining the gang it was a mini fiat all over again..

Lunch done at the usual humble restaurant next to 3m i was all about cars and more cars.

The BEST part of the day :- DRIVE IN A SKODA Laura VRS - 1.8 turbocharged petrol belting out 160bhp belonging to a teambhpian...

The rush and urgency the car accelerates is unexplainable.. blown away... Have a BIG smile on my face even now thinking about the drive as i am typing this..

Adrenaline fix done for the day headed home at around 5pm to get stuck at the stadium due to traffic as today is match day...

Saturday well spent.. Hope u all had an amazing weekend as well..

Signing off.. Cheers and God Bless!! :p
    3 people like this.
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    UPDATE - One more eventful weekend - Atleast the sunday :p

6th REFILL - odo reading at the time of refill - 2710 kms
    20130526_144023.jpg

38.74 ltrs put in HP fuel station in kormangala

20130526_144316.jpg

This is regarding the AIRBAG failure message - It is consant now... the airbag symbol doesnt turn off till the car is switched off..

waiting for the part to get to vecto motors yet... called them on friday to see wat the status was and the news was that they havent recieved it..

TODAY had been to 3m HSR to get the underbody anti-corrosion treatment done.. as usual got to see fantastic cars at the venue...

This Ladies and Gentle men is a 320 bhp laura belonging to a certain robi

20130526_150842.jpg

I am off topic but had to share it with you guys... its a complete savage beast this car..

20130526_150856.jpg

Accelerates like its on fire and brakes like it as well, Please note the bilstein brakes and the size of tht disc

- - - Merged Post - - -

My car getting the underbody treatment done...

20130526_170414.jpg

And last but not the least the warranty card for the treatment

20130526_184101.jpg

Observations after the treatment was done on the way home after watching fast and furious 6 movie...

The noise especially the tyres and underbody noise on rough roads are not heard anymore... its quieter...

a lot QUIETER.. Will uupdate on this agian after a few more days of using the car..

Cheers!!
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I am wondering, underbody coating is done just to prevent corrosion, what's that got to do with sounds ?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. It is like sound damping, it reduces the tyre noise entering the cabin mainly,as well as noise from road.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yes rightly said... and Imranhks u got to meet me and drive my car now... to actually feel the difference..

Even i was lettargic regarding some people saying it has sound deadening properties but i totally agree with them now..

Now my car is rust proof and less sound proof than before.. MONEY WELL SPENT!