1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fiat BNW 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Mohankv, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi all,

This is my 1st thread in this forum(apart form introduce yourself) and am 2 days old here. Thought i would share my decision making and booking experience. Here goes.
    It all started when finally i could afford to buy a new car and got a go ahead at home from my folks,before this could happen my dad already owns a Skoda fabia so the plan was for him to go for a bigger car and pass on the fabia to me, but he liked the fabia a lot and was not keen on owning a bigger car (read - Innova/fortuner) this soon.
    So the search started for a second hatchback in the family - My dad was hammer and thongs over the etios liva and had gone n enquired and got a quotation as well, but i was adament about the etios liva and the fight went on for a week before my dad gave up(my friends has all the pther hatchbacks in the market so i had driven all of them), in the meantime this aadya motors had newly opened near my place so was jus a matter of time i would go and have a look and the decision was made instantly, test drove the emotion cos 90 hp was not available and thought the ride and steering feel was amazing but a little down on power so 90 hp was the clear choice - got the quotation and brochures home and shared it with everyone at home. Dad was furious abt my decision to go for a fiat over his choice of toyota, He was on about the brand etc etc but i had made up my mind so he finally gave up and agreed. so the decision was made. GRANDE PUNTO BNW 90HP it is!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Booking process - Aadya motors quoted [8,97,543/- after all the discounts the final price was 8,71,541/-] told me that i have to wait for a min of 30 days to get the car so decided to check at the other dealership, contacted concorde and prerana (vecto) motors, Vecto motors got in touch with me and promised me the car in 15 working days and the price difference of 5k cheaper than aadya motors so vecto quoted - 8,66,102/- (all the discussions happened over the phone) the sales person - Suresh Kumar was very polite and knew wat he was talking abt, so i told him to pick up the booking advance and start the proces.

Booking advance was recieved on march 15th and the 15 day wait started, yesterday i got the VIN number and engine number and status that the vehicle is in transit. Expected delivery date on or before 28th march

VIN :MCA11834DOxxxxxxxAKZ

This is a Jan 2013 make.

Any suggestions on this welcome.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hey, Why did you choose a Punto? Just only for the steering wheel an ride?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    @limraj - The overall look and feel,especially loved the steering feedback and ride quality.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on fighting it out get a FIAT home. The BNW is my favorite too.

Please do a proper PDI, do give a buzz if you need any help with the PDI.

Keep us updated with the buying experience and the intial ownership.
    1 person likes this.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Mohan & Welcome to TFI..
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on the new booking. All the best.
    Didnt Vecto give any more goodies ? You did not haggle?
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    @limraj - The overall look and feel of the car, Especially the ride and steering feedback.

@nkrishnap - I would be really grateful if u could help me out with the PDI since u have already done this and know a lot more.

@zenwalkerThe detailed list of discounts and goodies will be updated from home in the evening cos i don have the details at work now.
  9. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Congrats Mohan ! You made a good choice.
    I will be joining this elite 90 HP club in the near future... :dancing
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Mohan! You have chosen the best powerful hatch in India wrt handling and ride quality. Please don't leave out anything not cared during PDI. Tell the dealer clearly that you will not allow him to register your vehicle until all issues are cleared. If you don't insist that way, you may feel irritated by small issues (as the dealer may think small :) ). All the best!!!