1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fair Linea....

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Raj21, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Hi Guys,
    I've been part of this forum for a short while and it's a pleasure to post here that I have bought my Linea MJD home last Friday. It's been lovely the last few days. The dealership experience was OK in the sense they at least agreed to most of my requests. I got a car that is great in most respects.Here's the rest:

Pros:
    1) Car drives and handles like its a dragon connected to my Choti aka avatar :mrgreen:
    2) No rattles so far , niggles documented below
    3) AC is good for a family
    4) Feels like large for old Bangalore roads but due to its brilliant steering quite manageable
    5) Seats are very good and visibility from front is good

Cons:
    1) Panel Gaps: bonnet and trunk lid panels on one side has a larger tolerance than others
    2) Rubber beading: Driver side rubber beading not totally OK
    3) Shotgun door latch on the inside is shaky while the latch in the rear has some play that I do not like
    4) Wiper blades need to be replaced
    5) Driver side doors and trunk lid does not close smoothly; they have to be slammed down literally; NOT A GOOD FEELING :mad:!
    6) left rear inside door plastic panel sticks out little bit instead of sitting flushly against the door panel on the inside.
    7) Squeak, Squeak, Squeak ! Driver seat...Need I say more ???

Pics will come in a post later on; Some motorcycle guy chipped off a bindi sized paint chip off my front bumper right down the center.:sadblue Hopefully the licence plate will cover it::T
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hi Raj,let me be the first person to congratulate you on your purchase.
    Welcome to TFI,Happy motoring.
    Trunk lid has to be slammed in all Lineas and not just your's and it's in a way good I thought.
    Squeak from the front seat??,is it because of the after market fitting of covers??,or else reduce the number of bearings under the seat and it should solve the problem(I have a squeak in the passenger front seat for the past 39,000 kms!)
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    trunk does not need a slam if the lock in the boot and the body are aligned well. i had a similar problem earlier even after complaining so i did the alignment myself. now my boot shuts very effortlessly. if you cannot do it yourself go to a local garagewala and he will help.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz raj - wish you both loads of happy miles. Do treat us with some pictures.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    I was having same problem in the boot but got it rectified at TASS.
  6. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Dealer given accessories:
    Crappy sunfilm seems ok for now
    reverse sensors
    sill plate
    Remote central parking

After market accessories:
    ICE at evo. Thanks Satya !
    Elegant Seat covers - fabric art leather combo
    Bumper guard (after the bike incident)
    Tires-195/65/15- Michelin XMV8 - all 5. Thanks millivision !
    customary Diesel sticker on the fuel lid (but with a difference--..wait to see the pics)
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Raj, congrats on your Linea!! how much did you pay on road..
    diesel stickers are not to my liking.. they are not of much use. we have diesel sticker on the inside of the cover and on the lid too its written..just my thought..
  8. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    @shams, About 8.5 on road. I was so tired of waiting for it that I haven't bothered about exactly tallying everything. Well on my linea nothing is written inside or outside. Anyways you have to see mine to understand.. :)
  9. Congrts..!!!

Hey Congrats Raj for ur new head turner on road..!enjoy ur drive....!:cool:
  10. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    @Vidit Thanks Man ! Appreciate the enthusiasm ! :)