1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My fabulous Punto MJD Emotion 33K KM

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by racingkid, Jul 30, 2010.

1. racingkid

racingkid

New Delhi
    Hi Fiatians,

I wanna share something with you. My experience with Fiat GP MJD.
    Well,It was October 2009 when I was looking for Diesel Hatchback, at that time the contenders were Ritz, Ikon, Accent (CNG). A second hand Octavia was also in the wish list. Then on some Auto forum (not a fan of this forum for obvious reasons) I came across the review of Punto MJD.
    First thing that striked me was the lovely and pleasing looks of the car. At this point I wasnt much aware of the Fiat cars except that my senior used to have Palio, and we all friends used to admire it a lot in looks, not knowing the fact it is great in handling and performance. There were very good points in the favour of Punto like build, handling , suspension. So after some time I went to Fiat showroom at Peeragarhi(Delhi) to check the car and for a TD.
    And Wow! there it was a red hot Punto. It looked awesome to me in flesh, better than the pics.First thing I noted was a Sedan type feel inside the cabin, very good paint quality, good looks, good features and light clutch. Then I took a test drive of the car and felt great about handling, braking, steering feedback and all.

[attachment=6:2fptlgtq]5555.jpg[/attachment:2fptlgtq]

[attachment=5:2fptlgtq]6666.jpg[/attachment:2fptlgtq]

Now will not waste much time and some facts.

I have driven 33000KM in my Punto MJD and it has been a overwhelming experience for me. I have enjoyed every single km in the Italian Beauty. Today I went for 3rd service and got her serviced with a bill amount of 5.5k.
    Even after driving 33k km there was not any misalignment ::D ...What an engineering by Fiat! .. After 20k km Punto became a lot different than the new one , it become smooth in every gear especially 2nds. It just got better and better. :clap

Average Milegage in city : 16 - 17 Kmpl
    Average mileage on Highway : 19 - 21 Kmpl
    Top Speed : 160 kmph (myself) and 170 Kmph (by brother with fresh air filter change on jaipur highway)
    Though dont have proof but will try again sometime and will post here.
    Major Issues in 33k km : None
    Minor Issues : Clutch cylinder, Ac filter (automatically done in 2nd & 3rd service by TASS resp)
    Positives : Looks , Handling, Build, Drivability, steering feedback, just love all ... It doesnt bother me if a teambhp or any biased review say about Punto. There hasnt been a plastic fall in my car till now.
    Negatives : Gearbox could have been better but comparable to similar priced hatchbacks.

I just love driving my Punto ::D .... I m writing in a hurry becoz i m ill for two days, so wrote short.

[attachment=0:2fptlgtq]DSC00647.JPG[/attachment:2fptlgtq]
    [attachment=1:2fptlgtq]DSC00644.JPG[/attachment:2fptlgtq]
    [attachment=2:2fptlgtq]DSC00640.JPG[/attachment:2fptlgtq]
    [attachment=3:2fptlgtq]DSC00636.JPG[/attachment:2fptlgtq]
    [attachment=4:2fptlgtq]DSC00635.JPG[/attachment:2fptlgtq]

5555.jpg

6666.jpg

DSC00635.JPG

DSC00636.JPG

DSC00640.JPG

DSC00644.JPG

DSC00647.JPG
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    nice review of a nice car.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Good review with better photographs of the best hatchback! :)
  4. No matter what car, my eyeballs directly hits the alloys in the first split-second. (the one thing that I didn't had a choice of while taking my emo-pack, I still feel the OEM's are good but not the best looking)
    And this one, I felt is a really good matching one. The white beauty looks even more stunning in the attached.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Nice start to an ownership review. 33,000 kms is like munching miles like kurkure :mrgreen:
    Hope much more to come...
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow. Nicely maintained vehicle.

We all know the Punto's capabilities, no need for any proof.
  7. racingkid

racingkid

New Delhi
    Thanks frnds

My alloys are 14" HRS 253 98pcd ones and only two design of alloys (98 pcd one's) were with at wheel shop when I purchased alloys. And changed tyres to 195/65 14 Yokohama A drives just the next day of purchase.

Only mod done on the car is speakers change ( My brother took care of this part) ... It am newbie here but would love to join the Fiat meets in Delhi NCR ... Now I m thinking to change tyres after 40k ..even though tyres can go upto 50-55k.
    We all who own Fiat know how amazing these cars are !!!
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    wow. chalo koi aur bhi hai jo meet ke bare mein sochta hai. Welcome aboard racing kid. post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=41&t=161.
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    wow!! Theres my (to be done) combo, 14" with 195. Those alloys look great and lucky that you could find 2 designes in stock. Please post your 30k service bill details too. I might need to get my 30k service next month.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Punto. 33K is good mileage on the car and good enough to post a long term ownership review. Assuming the services cost 12K for 33K kms is pretty cheap, i.e, 36 paise per km. Add to it the low running cost of the MJD. Its definitely a dream car to own. Add the looks which is icing on the cake.

By the alloys looks great.