1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear your bad experience with your Linea, kingas. Even my Linea had some problem in the horn pad, which was repaired during the recent sixth service by Ramkay FIAT. Viny too had this problem and finally got it resolved with the help of FIAT India. He mentioned that "Finally i got the issue fixed. Instead of entire unit which costed 20K + the bottom triangular plastic plate which had the circuit was sent across. Same was quickly replaced by the mechanic and horns came to full glory :smile: ". Please go through his wonderful thread on this subject: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-iss...orn-switch-pad-issue-resolved.html#post147697
    Thanks a lot, shikhar10882.
    Bad news. I had bad experience with Fairdeal Motors, Parimpora, Baramulla Road, Srinagar in September 2011. Hope, the situation will improve in future. Till then, we have to keep our fingers crossed.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ravi ji,
    You have changed almost all the parts from drive train,your Linea is all set now for another marathon ?
    BTW hows the steering response now after change with new swing arms and link rod.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea is fully ready for another Leh expedition in September. :)
    I hardly drove for about 15 km to my home. My Linea's steering response is very good as before; I am yet to test it on highway.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, I disposed of the the old worn out parts. The sixth servicing cost got reduced to 1120895d1375521258-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 31,339 as the old worn out parts [excluding the belts and spark plugs which I have kept as emergency spares] fetched 1120895d1375521258-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 440 from the neighbourhood scrap merchant. biggrin.gif
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramkay FIAT Did Not Reset Service Reminder

Today, while I was checking my Linea's customary health parameters on the eve of her drive from Chennai to Bangalore, I was shocked to notice that Ramkay FIAT did not reset the service reminder after the recent sixth servicing and the MID was showing that the next service was due at 2265 km. Frustration.gif After contacting the SA Arun, I drove to Ramkay FIAT in the afternoon and got it reset. Partly, it was my mistake too as I did not check it while taking delivery of my Linea after the service as Concorde Motors, Bangalore, never faulted on this in all the 5 services. FIAT ASS have a long way to go to come up in the customer satisfaction index, IMO.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    One More Chennai-Bangalore Trip

My Linea brought me and wife safely and comfortably to our Bangalore home today at 1:30 am. We left Royapettah, Chennai at 6:10 pm last evening. We had one hour dinner break [7 to 8 pm] at Saravana Bhavan, Porur and 30 minutes fuel and coffee break [11:45 pm to 00:15 am] at BP COCOO/A2B, Chinnar. TN-KA border at Zuzuwadi/Attibele was deserted at 00:45 am, perhaps attributable to long weekend holidays.

Petrol per litre costs 1123695d1376082100-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 75.34 at BP COCOO, Chinnar and 1123695d1376082100-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 74.49 at IOCL Woodlands Enterprises, Chennai.

I observed that my Linea has become peppier and smoother to drive due to replacement of essential parts during the sixth service, thanks to Ramkay FIAT, Chennai.

According to a notice pasted at Chennasamudram toll plaza counter, local vehicles registered at TN 23/73 RTO need to pay half the toll only. This facility was not available for local vehicles in other toll plazas.

Here are the vital parameters of the trip.

MID.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. 31779 /- is way too much of maintainence cost for a petrol powered car , what was the parts cost and labour cost?
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

^ Feel free to go to the previous page and take a look.

Ravi sir has changed few critical components as part of preventive maintenance. The costs are very much reasonable.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi, i am not sure you chaged PS belt,those pictures are taking too long to load on my mobile even with 3G, thanks to BSNL.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi Ji, this facility is also available at omalur toll near Salem. Vehicles registered in Salem (TN 27/30/54) will pay only half toll. This is there for very long.

Sat, the cost is very reasonable given the amount of work carried out. All belts including timing, clutch, brake pad and disks, all fluids were replaced.
    1 person likes this.