1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    This morning, my fabulous FIAT Linea underwent a complete health check-up at FIAT Happy Camp organised by Ramkay FIAT, Chennai. This was the first time my Linea visited Ramkay FIAT, which was spacious and well-equipped. My Linea was the first to enter Ramkay FIAT after security men at 8:30 am! The SA, Arun was knowledgeable and assured me that a set of belts including timing belt kit has been reserved for my Linea for replacement during regular service scheduled for 17 July 2013. The only minor negative point that I experienced was the horrible approach road. I enjoyed discussing FIAT with DRIV3R, bharathj85 and other fellow-FIAT owners at the customer lounge. I received a pack of seedless dates as a parting memento from Ramkay FIAT.

DSC09883.jpg

DSC09884.jpg

DSC09885.jpg

DSC09886.jpg
    10 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a few minutes back, I received a call from Ramkay FIAT asking for my feed-back and suggestion for any improvement. I said that I was not given any check-list duly completed after the check-up was over since the SA knew that my Linea would visit again for regular service on 17 July 2013. She informed that they did not give the completed check-list to others too and noted my suggestion. She confirmed my Linea's appointment tomorrow.
  3. Lesson learnt from your experience:
    Call ASS in advance to ensure availability of all components before even fixing an appointment.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to arrange for the parts not readily available? That will help me decide how much in advance should I start the service arrangement and followup exercise with the ASS so that the needed is done on time.
    I ask this as in my case, the arrangement duration has varied from 1 day to 9 months (this one I am still counting)!!!
    :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Couple of weeks; but, it depends upon the part - some take ages! When my Linea went there for check-up camp on 13 July 2013, I asked them to reserve a set of belts exclusively for my Linea. The SA confirmed it. :)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. 15 days... shall keep that in mind when my next service schedule is approaching. Thanks ravi sir.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi sir...
    When is your service scheduled for?
    I am curious to know the cost.
    Request you please to inform of the bill on component wise.
    Other discussions in forum say lots of variation. .. ranging from 8k to 65k.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Also, if you can please share the symptoms to keep a track of the health of time belt / chain!

1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea is undergoing major surgical treatment at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai from 17 July 2013 and is expected to be discharged tomorrow.
    I will post the bill and photographs tomorrow.
    Sure.
    I expect my bill will be somewhere in the middle as I requested for replacement of all belts, oils, fluids, filters, spark plugs, clutch, brake discs/pads, lower arm ball joints, etc. Today, I visited Ramkay FIAT and inspected my Linea. Most of the works are over. The SA assured me that I will get my Linea tomorrow.
    In case of Linea, there is no symptom necessitating replacement of timing belt. I have asked them to change it as a preventive maintenance step. Today, I inspected the old belts that were replaced. They were intact. Perhaps, I could have driven with them for another few thousands of km. But, I won't take a chance as I drive to godforsaken places in the ghostly hours.
    3 people like this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Peace of mind matters more.
    2 people like this.
  10. Second that... especially after reading the horror stories of the people who overlooked the same!!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a ton Ravi Sir!!!
    1 person likes this.