1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Previously, there used to be an email alias called partshelpindia at fiapl dot com. In the past, there used to be quick response to emails sent to this alias for issues related to unavailability of parts. May be you can try mailing to this alias, if it bounces, try @fiat.com, of course, with copy to mangesh.
    By seeing your name in the email itself they should be able to recognize you. Also, consider quoting all your threads in the email signature, for all forums.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This can always be done, fiatlover. But, the way Fiat is handling the service is not desired at all. These are parts which are needed for routine service and still none of the dealers in Bangalore and Chennai have this. This is definitely a reason to worry.

Already, I am missing TAFE in Chennai ever since the divorce.
    2 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramkay FIAT is the new dealer in Chennai, where auxiliary and accessory drive belts are readily available, but not timing belt, which has been ordered. The lady staffer, who received my calls, recognized me immediately and assured me that I would be informed as soon as it is available. In the worst case scenario, I will get my Linea serviced except the timing belt and go ahead with my Leh trip. :)
    Thanks, Thulasidharan, for kind suggestion. But, my regret is, we have to escalate to higher levels even for these routine service matters. :(
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sad, but true. I had done that for a part that's supposed to be commonly available, CSC. The part was not available at Concorde, Aadya had it, but was not willing to share. After I escalated, within 12 hours or Concorde themselved sourced the part from their Chennai SC and resolved the issue and delivered the car. All these happened in 24 hours. That was before the divorce.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Any specific reason why your not willing to try with 99rpm ?
    If not anything at least the labour cost will be cheaper than these dealerships and most definitely the quality of job would be better.

PS : It might not be a good idea to travel without replacing the belt so far. that's the only reason. (I'm sure you have read shams post by now).
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Timing drive belt is not available with 99rpm.com. Timing chain [for 1.3 MJD] and auxiliary/accessory belts are available. I thought of getting my Linea serviced outside, but the spares not at all available. :(
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Cannot understand why they are keeping just one or two spares of each part for each model! There will be several lineas that are more than four years old, wont they all need these spares?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Simple sense dictates this.
    if i'm right FIAT started operations in india in 2009 (Again) and 2009 to 2013 means its been 4 years.

Even if they assume that in these 4 years there will be on one completing 60K at least for the fact that they have completed 4 years and a timing * has to be replaced they should have ideally stocked these parts.
    Well that's all i can say
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    All the routine service spares and consumables should be available with all the dealers for all the models. The rule supply-against-order should be for specific rare items. Add to that, the arrogance of some dealers. Leave the car, we will fix it if available, otherwise, come later and get it fixed - This was what uttered by an arrogant staff in charge of spares in Vecto Motors. At least, the other dealers were cordial and answered my queries after checking their stock. Earlier, for all their mistakes, FIAT used to point their fingers at Tata Motors. But, now I think, the divorce from Tata Motors has made FIAT sicker than ever before.
    2 people like this.
  10. Even i had a similer experience with Vecto , when i enqired for read door beading after hearing the crap called KHT they confirmed over phone about part availability.
    Straight away drove to KHT and got it replaced.

Vecto might have already reached breakeven due to too many cars going for service in their facility. So naturally arrogance is setting in.
    1 person likes this.