1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Apologies Mr. Ravi for barging into your thread like this.

I bought this pump for Rs.1800, from Sai Iyengar Tyres, Lalbagh Road, 5 years back, when my Palio was still quite new. It has delivered trouble free performance till now.

Air Pump.jpg

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Slightly OT , but which credit card did you use to buy from Amazon ? I was under the impression that Indian credit/debit cards do not work there. I previously used HDFC virtual cards to buy from Amazon , but HDFC have stopped that service due to reasons unknown .
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Since Amazon does not recognize PayPal, I used my Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card [VISA] for the transaction. But strangely, Amazon offers international shipping for select few items only.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Most credit cards issued in India will work internationally. I did use my citi and axis bank credit cards in USA.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Thankfully. Otherwise I would have gone bankrupt a long time ago :rolleyes:

I meant internationally online-ly :p. The last time I tried my credit card on Amazon it did not go through..
    1 person likes this.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

I think so too, but when i brought something worth 1000 from DX.com, a customs duty of 173 rupees was charged. It came in via India post and when i told the post man that this product was worth 1000 Rs, he said, "Saar, are you taking it or not". Since with India Post, there is no guarantee that i will find my shipment again at the post office at a later time if i denied paying duty now, i had to budge and pay him.

Not even sure what the process would be if we were to counter the customs people for wrongly charging customs duty. I thought we'll waste less money/time by silently paying up in such cases. BTW, i was so furious that i never bought anything from outside India after that.

Any clarity on the process and rules would be helpful to everyone i guess???

Sorry again Ravi Sir.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    May be this discussion should be shifted to the eBay thread. But still, this link gives some idea Indian Customs Manual, Clearance By Post

The slab limit of 10K rupees or 25K rupees come into picture when you import the item personally after your travel.
    While importing items for personal use by post/mail, it will go through customs scrutinization and may or may not be levied a duty for several reasons. Usually goods are exempt from duty if they are a gift from someone (there is a 5K limit for that too). Also, there is no computer involved in scrutinizing the goods, so it all depends on the customs officer's discretion to levy charges or not. But there are prescribed rate of tax for certain commodities. If you feel you are over charged, there is a complaint filing process and I wish you good luck with that. Bad part is, it's not the commodity's value alone that is considered for taxation, shipment + any insurance charges will also be included in the picture.. What did our bureaucrats think as the logic behind taxation (road tax, toll tax, customs tax etc..)?? :A
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I have a sub 300rs inflator that went bad a few weeks back and all my tries to revive a valve leak has gone in vain .
    I want to pick up a new one but the coido one that is listed on all the websites are not good (as per reviews) and i'm not finding other good brands either.
    Please suggest a good brand .

I dont want to import it from anywhere . It should be locally available.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Non-Availability Of Timing/Auxiliary/Accessory Drive Belts In Bangalore/Chennai

I regret having bought my Linea for the first time in about 4 years of its ownership. :(

My Linea is due for the periodical servicing [sixth, paid, 64 k km] shortly. But, the essential spares that are required to be replaced as per the service schedule, viz., timing drive belt, auxiliary drive belt and accessory drive belt are not available with any of the 3 dealers [Vecto/KHT/Aadya] in Bangalore. These essential service spares are not available with the Chennai dealers too [Ramkay/RDC]. I searched in 99rpm.com, but the timing driving belt is not available. I called a few automobile spare parts dealers at Chennai, only to get negative replies.

My Linea runs smoothly and does not have any problem. I wish to get the belts replaced as specified to ensure preventive maintenance. But, FIAT India expects me to escalate to the higher levels even for this routine servicing matters. After the divorce from Tata Motors, the spares management has reached its nadir. :mad:

Looks like my Linea is going to face a great deal of hardship due to non-availability of essential service spares. I have never faced such problems in Concorde Motors, Mysore Road/Dairy Circle, during the five services of my Linea.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ That's sad to hear. What's the take of Ramkay? Have they placed the order and any date they are expecting the parts to arrive?
    1 person likes this.