1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. You have one TN registered TB500 and KA registered CB500, will you not have problems with RTO, these day they seem to catch any vehicle they sight often with different states number plates.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Blue Bird will fly back to its nest, Chennai, after a coupla weeks. :)
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My fabulous FIAT Linea had tankful of petrol at HP COCOO near my home costing 1086702d1369288389-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 69.40 per litre. It is heartening to have petrol at less than 1086702d1369288389-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 70 per litre in Bangalore after many months. :) My Linea's tyres had air. The tyre pressure remained more or less the same even after a month.

My Linea's horn pad has become moody and operates at only one press-point and remains mum at other press-points. I will get it checked in the sixth paid servicing which is fast-approaching. :(
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ravi Sir, it is a known problem which is due to rusting in the contacts. You can check them by removing the airbag module unit of the steering wheel. Would be a slightly expensive affair if out of warranty and if part replacement is deemed necessary. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, DRIV3R. My Linea is now on extended warranty. Lemme see. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    There's a thread on this forum dealing with this. Apparently the contacts oxidize and that leads to the problem. The replacement is about 25k (yes!). Try "massaging" (press down and jiggle it) the point where it does not work and see if it helps. I almost exclusively use my right hand to honk and after the thread I checked the left one and it did not work. Tried "massaging" and it started working again. I guess mine have not oxidized as much since I keep windows closed 99.999% of the time with AC on.
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, my Linea also responds to massaging!
    Yes, I too do the same. :)
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    dont let them repair the horn pad. it will crop up again. my uncle is having the same problem in his mjd epk. force them for a replacement.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore To Chennai

Another non-stop Bangalore to Chennai trip. My Linea left our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home by 10:45 pm last night and reached our Chennai Royapettah home by 4:15 am today. 4.5 hours; Still no toll being collected at Hosakote and Mulabagilu toll plazas. Board announcing 'Trial Run - Don't Pay' was hung at both the toll plazas. Toll has been increased in Chennasamudram and Sriperumpudur toll plazas by rupee-symbol.gif 5 to rupee-symbol.gif 30 and rupee-symbol.gif 45 respectively. It's time for vital statistics:

MID.jpg
    4 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Oops. It's 5.5 hours. Noticed just now.