1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Sham. That's why, I avoided using the car cover at Bangalore, where covered garage was available. But, in Chennai, my Linea gets a thick layer of dust in a day. So, I started using the car cover in Chennai. To avoid the scratches, I dust off the car before putting on the cover and dust off the cover before its removal. Let me use it for a few days, and then, decide.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

@JRavi sir, congratulations on the 60K mark

I use car cover for my Punto and it has a provision for antenna just like the ORVM's so i dont have to fiddle with the antenna. I got this car cover at the time of my car purchase from the dealer. Looks like Linea car cover doesnt have this feasibility.
    I have learnt the art of putting an removing the car cover alone but its a tedious job to dust the car cover and the car before and after putting the car cover.
    I have to use this because my car is parked on the street.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Ravi sir dust and sand is more in chennai. It is always better to cover the car when we are not using them. Sir is the cover original FIAT cover. Because my Punto Cover has got the provision to cover the antenna as well.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It looks like the Punto cover has the provision to cover the antenna as well. I have the OE cover provided by the dealer for my Linea. It does not have the provision to cover the antenna.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, raj29.
    Thanks, bharathj85. Yes, it is the original FIAT Linea accessory given as a compliment by Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore at the time of delivery. I was given the option of either sun film or car body cover. I chose the latter.:)
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Raviji,
    Congratulations for your 60K Kms.

Well my ride is almost now near to 60K Kms,the pleasant thing is that my ride is behaving good after 45K Kms. i.e. after 4th service.
    Now i'm nearing to 60K Kms the driving feel is still the same as though if i have done serviceing recently.Previously i can make/feel the sense of engine tiredness after 10K Kms 'the engine grunt changes'.
    I'm confused with the behaviour of MJD.
    1. Is this how MjD behaves ?
    2. My 4th service was with FASS.Previously it was all with TASS.is this due to skilled labours of FIAT exclusive service center ?

one thing for sure my car have gone peppier now.
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ganges, for the compliments. The perceived engine tiredness could have been due to clogged air filter.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It's time for a mini update. My Linea is hale and hearty after successfully completing 3.5 years with odometer reading of 60,480 km, factory-fitted battery and clutch. Today, I added ~200 ml of engine oil to bring it to the maximum level. I also cleaned the interiors and washed the alloys and exterior.

DSC09291.jpg
    12 people like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your Linea is returning all the love & affection you have bestowed on her! As the title says, its your 'FABULOUS' Linea in all sense and a 'FABULOUS' association too..
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    There are lot of happy linea customers in the country & im excited to know that im one among them

Cograts FIATian & all linea owners..enjoy driving ur FIAT cars
    1 person likes this.