1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    How about someplace else in the meantime to keep us entertained? :p
    2 people like this.
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    You can go to Nepal or Extreme north east types.eg:Nagaland,Sikkim,Meghalaya..
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh is one among the some destinations I am considering.:)
    3 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    New TFI Sticker

My Linea wears a new TFI sticker now.

sticker4.jpg

sticker5.jpg

logo.jpg
    9 people like this.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    All I could see is how clean and polished the body, antenna and monogram look! The monogram looks almost like a 3D render!
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore - Chennai Trip

Thanks a lot for the compliments and nice words about my Linea, caffeineam.

My Linea brought us safely to our Chennai Royapettah home by 4:20 am today. We had left our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home by 10:35 pm last night. As usual, we took Kolar/Chittoor route.

Vital statistics as determined by my Linea:

MID1.jpg

My MMI Lx130 navigator's figures:

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

I almost forgot. My Linea today crossed 60 k km mark near Kanchipuram bypass on my way to Chennai.

IMG_0601.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    13 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I started using the car cover [that was given as a compliment at the time of delivery] on my Linea at Chennai to protect her from the dust. From the past 3.5 years, the car cover remained unused and dumped in the attic of my Bangalore home as my Linea is fully protected inside the covered garage of my Bangalore home. But in Chennai, my home and the adjacent house created a wind tunnel over the parking area, bringing in a deluge of dust on my Linea as parking area is open in the front and rear.

CarCover1.jpg

CarCover2.jpg

I thought that putting on the cover and removing it would be an easy job. I was wrong. Before putting on the cover, I have to dust off my Linea using the car duster. Then, I have to unscrew and remove the antenna from the top and keep it in the boot. Later, I have to take out the car cover from its bag that is kept in the boot. Spreading the car cover on my Linea is the toughest part. After covering one half of my Linea, when I try to cover it on the other half, the previous half slides off! Two people are required to put on the cover on my Linea.

CarCover3.jpg

CarCover4.jpg

Similarly, before removing the cover, I dust off the cover using the car duster. I remove the cover, fold it, stuff it in the bag and keep the bag in the boot. Later, I replace the antenna in its position. To be Frank, I am still learning the art of putting on and removing the car cover.:)
    3 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh so antenna needs to be removed? This is certainly a tough task.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The car cover does not have a pouch to contain the antenna. So, the antenna has to be unscrewed and kept separately before putting on the cover.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I would not recommend the use of a car cover sir. I tried using it for a few days and it started to create deep scratches while taking it off the car.
    The thing is when you start pulling the cover from one end and when it starts sliding over the body there is every chance of sand grains being pulled along with the cover.
    Especially if the surroundings is dirty.
    2 people like this.